The Random Thought Thread

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Kolckak , your not wrong , can`t wait for this game . should be a beauty . just watching Japan vs England , great so far and I`ve keeping an eye on Scotland vs Argentina . the Scottish girls have played so well , they`ve been unlucky so far . there looking good in there game . I`ve been following the Women`s World Cup for a long time , they have all improved so much . the USA have been the flag bearers all the way from the start . now we have any one of 10 countries that can win the World Cup .:cool:

Can’t count out France either. Especially over there.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
France look strong Kolchak . took Dad for a walk this morning , went to dentist for a root canal and then went shopping . came back home and there was a love letter in the mail , so I went and paid it , came home to watch the full match between Scotland vs Argentina . what a shock , 3-3 . when I left the match it was 3-0 to Scotland . I had so many chores and things to do , I started before the game finished . I enjoyed the game . :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
2 good matches in the morning , Germany vs Nigeria and the Australia vs Norway , a couple hours sleep and then the fun begins . our captain got offered a 2 year deal with Chelsea worth $1 mill , so happy for Sam .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
sounds good Kolchak :cool: bad luck Matildas , you all tried your best , that`s all we can ask of you . Norway `s no.10 Graham , she`s a beauty , no wonder Barcelona picked her up . and Germany looked good . oh well , I can sit back and enjoy the rest of the World Cup . :cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
sounds good Kolchak :cool: bad luck Matildas , you all tried your best , that`s all we can ask of you . Norway `s no.10 Graham , she`s a beauty , no wonder Barcelona picked her up . and Germany looked good . oh well , I can sit back and enjoy the rest of the World Cup . :cool:

That was a very entertaining match with a lot of action and near misses.

I know I say this every World Cup, but I hate when matches end in shootouts. Wish they would keep playing like NHL hockey playoffs.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Kolchak , my solution would be , play the normal 30 min , start extra time minus 2 players on each side , then every 10 minutes take another 2 players off each side . gaps would open left right and centre , I`m sure goals would come fast . tonight the 2nd State of Origin from Perth . got my chips ready and I`m going to open the bottle of Baileys Irish that my sister gave me for Xmas ,
nice .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
NSW flogged us in the State of Origin , doesn`t matter hehe . the World Cup games this morning were great . the English and French girls looked so good . well I`m off to the doctor for Dad to get his 3rd flu shot , then a walk and top it off wit some shopping .:cool:

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
It’s national onion ring day here in the USA. But all you other folks are welcome to join in as well.

Thought you were making it up until I googled it. Odd thing to have a "day" for. Just checked for today and apparently its national pink day, and national pecan sandies day - it does feel like someone is just inventing some of these and posting something about them online.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Thought you were making it up until I googled it. Odd thing to have a "day" for. Just checked for today and apparently its national pink day, and national pecan sandies day - it does feel like someone is just inventing some of these and posting something about them online.

We have tons of stupid National days. You name it and it probably has a day her in the USA. They are mostly goofy and meaningless.

July 5th is national bikini day. But let’s keep that to ladies only please. ;)
Hers a link for those of you that find this interesting.
https://nationaldaycalendar.com/june/

Last edited:

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Some of them are illogical as well - national onion day is 5 days after onion ring day - if it was the other way around, same onion would do for both!

Social media day - now its more like every minute of every day, so why have a "day" for it?

What came first the chicken or the egg? Its chicken day on 2nd June, and egg day on 3rd June!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I assume it’s pretty easy to get a National Day. Wonder if there is a national pinball day, or maybe even a national digital pinball day?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.