The Random Thought Thread

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Nintendo / Sega wars were the best.

I still remember back in the Atari / Intellivision / ColecoVision days how they'd put up screenshots of all three systems for a particular game to show graphics differences. The Donkey Kong screens always cracked me up, with how horrible Atari looked compared to a near perfect ColecoVision.

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
Scott Hilburn...that comic strip is Argyle Sweater, isn't it?

He doesn't normally draw eyes like that, considering how much he seems to idolize Gary Larson.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Nintendo / Sega wars were the best.

I still remember back in the Atari / Intellivision / ColecoVision days how they'd put up screenshots of all three systems for a particular game to show graphics differences. The Donkey Kong screens always cracked me up, with how horrible Atari looked compared to a near perfect ColecoVision.

Remember how nice the box art was on games back then? Then you'd get home and throw the cartridge in and most looked like crap. But oh how we loved them. It was a great time.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
In "Down Under" by Men at Work. I thought it was "a bit of my sandwich" not "a Vegemite sandwich. Never new what Vegemite was until I read something on the web a couple of years back.

It's like Manfred Mann's "Blinded by the Light" I always thought the lyric was " Wrapped up like a douche in the middle of the night" and not the real lyric "Revved up by a deuce, another runner in the night"

Guess I wasn't the only one with Manfred Mann. I found the passage below on Wikipedia.

Manfred Mann's Earth Band's recording of the song features several changed lyrics. The most prominent change is in the chorus, where Springsteen's "cut loose like a deuce" is replaced with "revved up like a deuce."[2][3][4] This is commonly misheard as "wrapped up like a douche" (the V sound in "revved" is almost unpronounced, and the S sound in "deuce" comes across as "SH" due to a significant lisp)."[5][6] Springsteen himself has joked about the controversy, claiming that it was not until Manfred Mann rewrote the song to be about a feminine hygiene product that it became popular.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
I always wondered what that blue guy on the back glass of big shot is about to do. he's holding the pool cue backwards and has a ****eating grin on his face.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
On Future Spa, I know what he is doing under the water.

fsback.jpg

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Unemployed Swede asks us for 700,000.00 USD, so that he can build his own arcade.

"Not 50's games or used pinball machines, only bought pinball games, the latest games on the market. Since I'm not ruling economic resources so I cant give something as reward back. I do need donations of you who are willing to donate. I hope to be up and running in about 1 year or 1 year and a half. Things I need to get started are a new Mac computer with editing software, a film camera, a couple of pinball machines: The Hobbit LE, Star Trek LE, The Wizard of Oz 75 years LE and Mustang LE. I also need to rent a warehouse since my current location is just a small apartment."

Read the full story: http://www.gofundme.com/wwwgofundmecom4dhk60

and donate. ;)

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Unemployed Swede asks us for 700,000.00 USD, so that he can build his own arcade.

"Not 50's games or used pinball machines, only bought pinball games, the latest games on the market. Since I'm not ruling economic resources so I cant give something as reward back. I do need donations of you who are willing to donate. I hope to be up and running in about 1 year or 1 year and a half. Things I need to get started are a new Mac computer with editing software, a film camera, a couple of pinball machines: The Hobbit LE, Star Trek LE, The Wizard of Oz 75 years LE and Mustang LE. I also need to rent a warehouse since my current location is just a small apartment."

Read the full story: http://www.gofundme.com/wwwgofundmecom4dhk60

and donate. ;)

But his own personal arcade. Not an arcade open to the public. He's going to make pinball youtube videos that we can all watch though! :p

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.