The Random Thought Thread

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
What happened on monster bash? ;)

I forget the details... but it mostly involved missing every shot and every missed rebounding down the outlanes.

I was playing Gorgar on my tablet whilst watching the Rose Bowl last night. More than once I plunged the ball, looked up to the TV, and forgot I was playing pinball, only to be reminded by the sound of the (short) bonus countdown.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
A friend of mine and fellow poster on here, LeRoy3rd are having a friendly little 2 game tourney between ourselves this month. Playing Firepower and Marvel Civil War and have until the end of Jan to post scores.

Thinking this might be a fun thing to do in an altered form with a few more people. Especially for those of us on Steam who aren't getting tournaments at all. Here's what I'm thinking...

Get a manageable number of players, pick a date, and a 12 hour window for scoring. You take screen shots of your current high scores so we know not to count those, post them somewhere (twitter would be easiest, but here would work too). Final screen shots with your best scores from that 12 hour period would have to be posted before the close in order to be counted. There'd be a table from TPA, and one from Zen.

The reward would be purely bragging rights, but I've got something planned for that too. I designed our BlahCade logo so that I can do different colored backgrounds, either solid or two toned. If we did this once a month, I could slap the month on the bottom so people would know what they got it for. Then it could be proudly displayed as your avatar! See, bragging rights :D Winner picks the background, or I do up a gold, silver, and bronze. Work that out later.

Here's where it gets whacky. Is there a way of doing Fantasy League Pinball? I don't play fantasy football or baseball, so I don't know how it works exactly, but want to throw out the idea and see if anyone could run with it. If we had a core group of players, those not playing could select who they'd want for their 'league team', and collect points that way. And they too could win a custom BlahCade avatar!

I don't know, just spit balling here. Would that be of interest to anyone?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
A friend of mine and fellow poster on here, LeRoy3rd are having a friendly little 2 game tourney between ourselves this month. Playing Firepower and Marvel Civil War and have until the end of Jan to post scores.

Thinking this might be a fun thing to do in an altered form with a few more people. Especially for those of us on Steam who aren't getting tournaments at all. Here's what I'm thinking...

Get a manageable number of players, pick a date, and a 12 hour window for scoring. You take screen shots of your current high scores so we know not to count those, post them somewhere (twitter would be easiest, but here would work too). Final screen shots with your best scores from that 12 hour period would have to be posted before the close in order to be counted. There'd be a table from TPA, and one from Zen.

The reward would be purely bragging rights, but I've got something planned for that too. I designed our BlahCade logo so that I can do different colored backgrounds, either solid or two toned. If we did this once a month, I could slap the month on the bottom so people would know what they got it for. Then it could be proudly displayed as your avatar! See, bragging rights :D Winner picks the background, or I do up a gold, silver, and bronze. Work that out later.

Here's where it gets whacky. Is there a way of doing Fantasy League Pinball? I don't play fantasy football or baseball, so I don't know how it works exactly, but want to throw out the idea and see if anyone could run with it. If we had a core group of players, those not playing could select who they'd want for their 'league team', and collect points that way. And they too could win a custom BlahCade avatar!

Well... I'd be interested on the TPA side. I don't play Zen so that would be a total blank space on my part. Still, it's a great idea, at least until FS comes through with PC tournaments!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Nice to know I'm not the only one that goes from riches to rags.
Cheers on the 10M on F2K. That must have been one hell of a game.

F2K's a funny game, once you get everything set up, it's just time to cross your fingers and hope you don't get a bad bounce. My biggest slice of luck was Ball 3 draining down the lit outlane for the Special to extend my game....

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014

I'm all for it!!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Well... I'd be interested on the TPA side. I don't play Zen so that would be a total blank space on my part. Still, it's a great idea, at least until FS comes through with PC tournaments!

I realize a lot of people might fall into that camp, but it does make for an interesting wrinkle. Could always make it where you have a group that only plays TPA, only plays Zen, or plays both. That way if there is a table you don't have for on or the other, you could still participate.

Like I said, details to be worked out. Just wanting to know if there's a level of interest. If we could get 5 or 10 players, that'd be enough to start as far as the pin playing goes. The fantasy league would need a larger base.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
is this limitd to steam hollywood? i woukdnt mind trying on ios nudging or not

Unless there appears to be a clear unfair advantage between platforms, and since this would all be in the name of fun, I don't see why it'd need to be Steam exclusive.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
dont_vote.jpg

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
and i winder why its devolded into complaints and weird pc bs

well ya kniw what they say about opinions

for thise that actually know me i wont defend myself but im not gonna bite either

morons

yes you laddy

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts