The Random Thought Thread

night

May 18, 2012
Absinthe is great, I used to drink the Dutch 'Helfrich' (http://www.helfrichabsinthe.com/?lang=en) and indeed Duplais, which is just wonderful. Too bad it has a bad imago as some weird hallucinating beverage that makes you cut your ear off like Van Gogh. And there is a lot of tourist fake Absinthe around as well. It was completely wrong prepared by Johhny Depp in the movie From Hell, where he sets his sugar cube on fire, this was never done in the old days. (It would have burned down many cafe's in France!) Ice water should be poured slowly on a perforated spoon with a small piece of sugar into a glass of Absinthe. When the water hits the Absinthe it starts to create milky swirls from the anise. Absinth became popular because of a bad period of wine making. There where deaths by poorly manufactured Absinths and the deliriums it caused by those who drunk too much from it. Because it was forbidden for so many years had to do with folk tales and the wine making lobby, not because it is dangerous, not anymore or less than a glass of whisky. The Artist Toulouse Lautrec used to drink it straight mixed with cognac!

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Me in Smash Bros:

tumblr_no5mfuLn0q1s2n08go1_1280.jpg

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Absinthe is great, I used to drink the Dutch 'Helfrich' (http://www.helfrichabsinthe.com/?lang=en) and indeed Duplais, which is just wonderful. Too bad it has a bad imago as some weird hallucinating beverage that makes you cut your ear off like Van Gogh. And there is a lot of tourist fake Absinthe around as well. It was completely wrong prepared by Johhny Depp in the movie From Hell, where he sets his sugar cube on fire, this was never done in the old days. (It would have burned down many cafe's in France!) Ice water should be poured slowly on a perforated spoon with a small piece of sugar into a glass of Absinthe. When the water hits the Absinthe it starts to create milky swirls from the anise. Absinth became popular because of a bad period of wine making. There where deaths by poorly manufactured Absinths and the deliriums it caused by those who drunk too much from it. Because it was forbidden for so many years had to do with folk tales and the wine making lobby, not because it is dangerous, not anymore or less than a glass of whisky. The Artist Toulouse Lautrec used to drink it straight mixed with cognac!

url

workshed

Feb 26, 2015

Yup, kept some around in college fairly often. It won't cure a wicked hangover, but it will stay down and keep you hydrated if you are sick to your stomach, which is an important step to recovery. Pure water has a tendency to just come right back up. Yellow Gatorade was my usual drink of choice in such situations though. Lucozade also works well as a cure-all for most tummy complaints if you can find it. Your best bet for dealing with a hangover is to smoke some weed, it's legal in your neck of the woods and works wonders.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts