The Random Thought Thread

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I saw them in 1997. 1997! Blimey. I'd just started working in London. Friend of mine said we should go to the KISS concert - more of a one-day mini-festival - in Finsbury Park, so I went to the ticket agency (a small hole-in-the wall near Oxford Circus called Stargreen, as far as I know they're still operational), and headed up the Victoria Line to Finsbury Park for the show.

It was a fun day, good weather, not too packed, and the five bands were pretty decent. Three Colours Red, who were the defacto opening act for everyone at that time; I saw them open for Aerosmith a couple of years later. L7, so what if most people only know one of their songs. Rage Against The Machine, I got as far into the mosh pit as I could for that. Thunder, pretty much unknown outside of the UK and Japan, but a damned fine rock band who always put on a great show. And finally KISS with all they expected pyrotechnics and stunts and whatnot.

This was also the first time I met Phil. Phil was responsible for the Briefcase Of Whisky at my wedding a few years later.

My older brother went with us as well. He has seen them several times over the years. He said the first time was in 1975 or 76. Said he couldn't remember for sure. KISS has been around a long time.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
For your information,

Ubisoft's triple A game "The Crew" is currently available for free on Uplay.
All details about the game -> ask Wolfson. :)

Plus, until Sept. 19 you can get all 5 expansion packs of Battlefield 4 for free on Origin.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Thanks gang. I knew you guys would figure it out. The chick was a little crazy from syphilis and was singing in a bar for money. So your responses make sense.
I thought it was one of those rhyming things like apples and pears for up the stairs.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
Thanks gang. I knew you guys would figure it out. The chick was a little crazy from syphilis and was singing in a bar for money. So your responses make sense.
I thought it was one of those rhyming things like apples and pears for up the stairs.
------------
I thought it was a day where nothing goes right for ya. Or at least a bad hair day.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
There are very few real cokneys left due to culture changes and time passing, mostly its just essex boys who think they are gangsta bruv, so while a few common phrases are still in use id imagine a large part of its been lost to time. but then my favourite cockney will always be dick van dyke

edit- im a sucker for a regional accent, except anything from the north of ireland, its terrible in all its forms

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
edit- im a sucker for a regional accent, except anything from the north of ireland, its terrible in all its forms

When I was growing up, anyone with a Northern Irish accent was a terrorist (or the Rev. Iain Paisley, but YOU KNEW IT WAS HIM BECAUSE OF THE VOLUME), no questions asked.

How times have changed.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
577339689_f1942fb410.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.