The Random Thought Thread

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
How did they do last nite?

They were down by twenty something and came back to lose by 3. Fultz looked good and had 23pt, 5 assts, but too many turnovers (6 or 7?). Korkmaz missed all of his shots and had 3 pts on freethrows.
I don't expect much from them this year. Just want to see them grow together. They should at least be entertaining this year.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Finally got to see Cheap Trick tonight. Fun live band. One of those bands I've always wanted to see, but just couldn't get to one of their shows. They even did a Velvet Underground cover.
Also saw Jason Bonham Zep Experience and Foreigner too. It was a long night. I'm getting to old for this.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Finally got to see Cheap Trick tonight. Fun live band. One of those bands I've always wanted to see, but just couldn't get to one of their shows. They even did a Velvet Underground cover.
Also saw Jason Bonham Zep Experience and Foreigner too. It was a long night. I'm getting to old for this.
WOOHOO !!! Cheap Trick and a Velvet cover ,Lou Reed was the best story teller ever, just ahead of the Boss . Kolchak sounds like a great night !!!! :cool::cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
WOOHOO !!! Cheap Trick and a Velvet cover ,Lou Reed was the best story teller ever, just ahead of the Boss . Kolchak sounds like a great night !!!! :cool::cool:

They did a medley of Waiting For My Man/Heroin. Started it with a bass solo. It was very cool. It was very much a Foreigner crowd. Lots of 50ish gals in the crowd. I don't think many people there enjoyed it, but it was the gem of the night for me. I like when a band gives you a surprise like that. We left just before the Foreigner encore. We didn't mind missing - I Want To Know What Love Is. ;)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Was being heavily promoted as the "25th birthday bash" for one of our local radio stations. Can't say I had much interest but glad you enjoyed it.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Was being heavily promoted as the "25th birthday bash" for one of our local radio stations. Can't say I had much interest but glad you enjoyed it.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I wondered who those radio people were. They said they were from "The River". That station doesn't reach my home.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Kolchak ,I saw Lou Reed back in 1976 ,great concert 2 hours straight , didn't say a word . he had 2 great guitarist in Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter ,they both played on his live album Rock and Roll Animal , the best live rock album ever !!!!! :cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Kolchak ,I saw Lou Reed back in 1976 ,great concert 2 hours straight , didn't say a word . he had 2 great guitarist in Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter ,they both played on his live album Rock and Roll Animal , the best live rock album ever !!!!! :cool:

Love love love that album. The intro to Sweet Jane alone gives me chills. Super jealous that you got to see that tour. Wish I could have been right next to you for that one.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
Saw Lou Reed in the front row of the State Theatre (now the Fillmore) in Detroit in June, 2000. The encore was about 5 songs, ending with Sweet Jane, Vicious and Dirty Blvd. I saw Cheap Trick so long ago that I have no idea where or (exactly) when. I was once mistaken for Rick Nielsen (lead guitarist/songwriter for Cheap Trick) while wearing a trench coat, jeans and sneakers/trainers walking into an unrelated concert outside of Detroit.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I was once mistaken for Rick Nielsen (lead guitarist/songwriter for Cheap Trick) while wearing a trench coat, jeans and sneakers/trainers walking into an unrelated concert outside of Detroit.

Were you wearing a five necked guitar at the time?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Eagles sign rugby star Adam Zaruba to three year deal to play TE. A most interesting headline as I get home from work. I assume he is a great athlete, but can he play football?

Zacattack99

Apr 28, 2017
Had a crazy dream involving a High School Marching Christmas concert and I was forced to fill in for a musician while having little to no experience on a horn of some type. Now coming to think about it, now I'm thinking "Pink Elephants on Parade" from Dumbo

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
CrDaRM7WgAA2fjU.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.