Page 157 of 161 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 4020

Click here to go to the first FarSight post in this thread.   Thread: The Random Thought Thread

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fairness it sounds exactly like something he'd say, and once made aware of it, I'm sure he approved. After someone explained what a garage sale is to him, anyway.

He has been going around saying that he relates to the furloughed workers and that most of them agree 100% with what he's doing, and that is truly reprehensible. He apparently does in his twisted mind believe he has empathy for them, even though no one can seem to figure out exactly how he could possibly relate to their situation.
    Last edited by Citizen; 01-10-2019 at 04:26 PM.

My Devices
    ps4 pro,xbox1x,pc
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here is something to put a smile on your dial . the Elvis train has arrived in Parkes NSW , population doubles to 26,000 , the parade is on now . Parkes is responsible for watching the landing of the moon in 1969 .https://youtu.be/fdkF4YY5UHI

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just made the mistake of googling stupid things said by Trump. One had a list of 50, but because there are so many have expanded it to 75.

Still a week until the halfway point of his presidency - seems like its been a lot longer.

My Devices
    ps4 pro,xbox1x,pc
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wilbers , what are all comics going to do after they kick the bloody bastard out of The Oval Office hehehe !!!

My Devices
    Steam, PS4, iPad
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wolfson, they will never run out of material in this country. I'll just be able to start laughing about it again rather than hitting a despair spiral....

wilbers, 75 seems low, unless that's a daily figure.

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, iPad Pro
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m pretty sure he says at least one stupid thing on a daily basis so a complete list would be way longer by now.

My Devices
    Nintendo Switch and a broken Xbox One which I hope to replace asap.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfson View Post
    wilbers , what are all comics going to do after they kick the bloody bastard out of The Oval Office hehehe !!!
    By "they" of course you mean the american voters. I am one of them and not responsible for putting that bafoon charge of anything. However, I am losing faith in the intelligence of my country's electorate. Never wishing to sound political, i just have to say that this guy will probably do himself in before the blind populace has a chance to put him in there again. I hope. But then, I lost a bet that he would not win the Republican nomination. And I lost another when I said he would never win the election. sigh.
    Last edited by steven120566; 01-12-2019 at 07:01 PM.

My Devices
    ps4 pro,xbox1x,pc
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    steven , yes by voting . we are lucky in Australia , voting is compulsory and if we stuff up with our vote , we have an election every 3 years . we do not vote for a Prime Minister , we vote for the Party . our Prime Minister can`t do the crap orange boy is doing . another thing , our Cabinet is made up of only elected pollies . also we rarely have the House and Senate run by the same party , us Aussies do something stupid , when it comes to the House that`s the Party we elect , but the Senate we screw it around , we tend to pick them so that no Party has control , that way they can`t push anything through without negotiating with each other. for instance remember when the US Senate pushed through tax cuts for the rich , our Government tried to do the same , but out Senate hit it on the head , no go . also our pollies are pussies , I think I mentioned it before , our Prime Minister tried to cut funds $400,000 to the Food Bank , just before Xmas, he copped crap from everyone and his dog , within 24 hours he backed down .

My Devices
    Steam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zmcvay View Post
    wolfson, they will never run out of material in this country. I'll just be able to start laughing about it again rather than hitting a despair spiral....

wilbers, 75 seems low, unless that's a daily figure.
    Given when the article was published it was just under 1 per week. Probably get updated soon and another 25 added.

Saw some of the US version of the apprentice and wasn't keen on him in that either - was all "celebrities" and rather than try and win the task through effort it was just down to how much they could get their rich friends to come and donate. UK version in recent years (that I do watch) at least has something real at the end as the prize is £250,000 investment for 50% stake in the winners (newly formed, or very small before the investment) company - most winners are likely to become millionaires (at least on paper) over time as they get some guidance, and so far have all been hard working and have expertise at what they do.

My Devices
    ps4 pro,xbox1x,pc
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    had a laugh yesterday , Republicans were saying all the US drugs come from Mexico ,dummies haha . drugs come from all over the world , planes , boats ,trains , cars . and do these dipsticks think there is no drug labs in USA . the problem is world wide . this holiday season we have lost 6 kids at concerts . today we had a $20 million drug bust . it involved 8 people , some were from a cabin crew . so how much have they actually brought in over the years . I`ve seen stupid ways of bringing drugs in , but filling condoms with drugs and then swallowing them , that takes the cake . education is best way to go .

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "You've got an arm like a wet rag!" - The Dummy, Hurricane (Williams, 1991)
    "Ace of Clubs?!" - Bride of Pin*Bot, Jack*Bot (Williams, 1995)
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

My Devices
    iPad 4, iPad Air 2
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EldarOfSuburbia View Post
    lol, yes I'm interested. My wife read that story to me last night. But the fine print says ages 25 to 40. I'm to old to get drunk for my borough. I just want to do my part.

My Devices
    ps4 pro,xbox1x,pc
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kolchak ,good one . best I`ve heard in a long time . that makes the 2 of us out of the age bracket . I wonder , do you get a free slab ( beer ) to take home hehe !!!

My Devices
    ps4 pro,xbox1x,pc
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eldar ,that was a nice find for Kolchak . I`m still smiling

My Devices
    Xbox 360, LG Optimus G Pro, PC, OUYA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    was just going though the list of all sega genesis titles on wiki and making a list of games i want to grab on ebay and add to my collection when suddenly i came across something I forgot about... Action 52! Didnt know it had a genesis release but I remember my friend had a copy of this on NES and it was horrible. 52 seriously bad games. some of them really glitched up and not fully playable. Its considered one of the worst games ever made... and apparently farsight made it. I was going to see if i could grab a copy for the cheese factor (and cuz even though i might talk some smack every now and then deep down I love farsight) but the damn thing goes for like over 100 bucks so thats a no go. Dude they should retheme all the tables with impossible rights as cheetahmen tables.

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, iPad Pro
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh, good ol Action 52. Jay Olbernolte (owner of Farsight) did indeed work on the Genesis version when he ws first starting out as a programmer. I really wish when I met him up in Big Bear that I would’ve asked him for some stories from those days. I think the Genesis version was slightly better than the NES original, but they were both notoriously bad.

Last edited by Jeff Strong; 01-17-2019 at 11:31 PM.

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not really mysterious, it's just a bad unlicensed game made by fly-by-night devs. Speaking of which, I was just talking to someone about a Color Dreams game earlier today.

Bug Bear
    I prefer Werebears, myself.

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    was just going though the list of all sega genesis titles on wiki and making a list of games i want to grab on ebay and add to my collection
    Castlevania: Bloodlines
    Contra: Hard Corps
    Shadowrun
    Rocket Knight Adventures 1-2
    Road Rash 2-3
    TMNT: Hyperstone Heist
    General Chaos
    Blaster Master 2
    Elemental Master
    Crusader of Centy
    Gaiares
    Alisia Dragoon
    Herzog Zwei
    Gargoyles
    Batman: The Video Game
    X-Men 1-2
    Sub-Terrania
    Ranger X
    Trouble Shooter
    Zero Tolerance
    Cyborg Justice
    Rolling Thunder 3

I hope you have/plan on getting all of those.

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Strong View Post
    Ahh, good ol Action 52. Jay Olbernolte (owner of Farsight) did indeed work on the Genesis version when he ws first starting out as a programmer. I really wish when I met him up in Bug Bear that I would’ve asked him for some stories from those days. I think the Genesis version was slightly better than the NES original, but they were both notoriously bad.
    That video was fascinating. While it seems FarSight actually fixed things enough to have a working Genesis cart, it also seems some of the business plans of the Action 52 'creator' rubbed off on them. I'd never heard of this game so that was a fun bit of video game lore to learn about.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Castlevania: Bloodlines
    Contra: Hard Corps
    Shadowrun
    Rocket Knight Adventures 1-2
    Road Rash 2-3
    TMNT: Hyperstone Heist
    General Chaos
    Blaster Master 2
    Elemental Master
    Crusader of Centy
    Gaiares
    Alisia Dragoon
    Herzog Zwei
    Gargoyles
    Batman: The Video Game
    X-Men 1-2
    Sub-Terrania
    Ranger X
    Trouble Shooter
    Zero Tolerance
    Cyborg Justice
    Rolling Thunder 3

I hope you have/plan on getting all of those.
    Freakin' Herzog Zwei...

My buddy drops off his Genesis to my college roommate who was trying to decide between buying a Genesis or Turbo Grafix 16. Among the games to mess around with is Herzog Zwei. We have no clue what this thing even is, what type of game genre, and no instruction manual. After much trial and error, we finally start understanding enough to get some 2 player matches going that last more than 1 minute. Eventually we seem to have the hang of things and a healthy competition brews and good times are had. So my buddy swings by a few weeks later to pick up his system, asks what we've been playing. We mention Herzog and he says that's one of his favorites. We're feeling cocky, especially since some knock down drag out battles have gone on that were lasting 30 minutes sometimes (my memory is very sketchy, but that's my impression), so we challenge him.

He proceeds to school us by not only defeating us in record time, but doing things in the game we had no idea were even possible. Again, we'd never so much as read the instruction manual! After that complete demoralization, I never played the game again. My friend would however go on to completely demoralize me in many other real time strategy games thereafter. I'd play Command and Conquer against him where he'd give me a 5 minute head start, him not being able to so much as touch the keyboard, and he'd still wreck me 5 minutes later.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are the best kinds of classic game stories. General Chaos is a really fun strategy game with a group of friends too. But yeah figuring out some of the more complicated old school games without a manual or looking it up is always a real adventure.

Not sure if the video covers it, but the original devs of A52 only ever released one other game, Cheetahmen II (a sequel to the most famous A52 game), then disappeared into the aether from whence they came, until a few years back one resurfaced and released some more old Cheetahmen levels from the A52 prototype.

I like to think that Brad Neely's Cat People was inspired by Cheetahmen.
    Last edited by Citizen; 01-17-2019 at 10:41 PM.

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, iPad Pro
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I prefer Werebears, myself.
    heh, woops!

Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    That video was fascinating. While it seems FarSight actually fixed things enough to have a working Genesis cart, it also seems some of the business plans of the Action 52 'creator' rubbed off on them. I'd never heard of this game so that was a fun bit of video game lore to learn about.
    Good call. Yeah, seems he definitely did rub off on them, unfortunately.

My Devices
    Xbox 360, LG Optimus G Pro, PC, OUYA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell yeah Citizen thats a great list of all awesome sega genesis games i love... but dont forget about:
    Toejam & Earl
    Zombies Ate My Neighbors
    Predator 2
    Zero The Kamakaze Squirrel (worth too much for me)
    Micheal Jackson's Moonwalker
    Zool
    Double Dragon
    Battletoads & Double Dragon
    Battletoads
    Streets of Rage
    Maximum Carnage
    Golden Axe
    Kid Chameleon
    Earthworm Jim
    Mutant League Hockey
    NBA Jam TE (im not even into sports but i love this)
    Taz Mania
    Stimpy's invention (the only good ren & stimpy game)
    Dragons Fury (devils crush in japan)
    Dragons Revenge
    Dino Land (abother weird pinball like the crush games)
    Punisher (worth too much)
    Growl (worth too much)
    Cool Spot... oh man i can go on forever... SEGA Genesis rules!

Edited to Add:
    Dick Tracy! How did i forget to list that, man that was a really great one
    Last edited by Pete; 01-18-2019 at 07:31 PM.

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely love most of those too. Was just playing Kid Chameleon the other day, and Decap Attack, which is also great.

I like ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron a lot as well. It got bagged on over the years for not being another roguelike/adventure/collectathon thing like the original, but if you ignore that it's actually a great 2D platformer.

Keeping on platformers, there's the Genesis Aladdin game, the Wonder Boy games, Ristar, Dynamite Headdy. The Genesis was a real platformer powerhouse.

Then there were great srpgs like Warsong (Langrisser) and Shining Force 1-2.

We could probably rattle off another hundred good Genesis games.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors
    Maximum Carnage
    Two great games with disappointing sequels.

My Devices
    PC, PS4 Pro, iPad Pro
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aladdin is a great one. Way better than the SNES version. I mentioned awhile back in the emulator thread that my little brother had it when we were kids so I played the hell out of that game, but didn’t realize it’s in the Top 10 Genesis games on ranker.com, but makes sense looking back.

Bomberman ‘94/Mega Bomberman on Genesis is my favorite of the series.

Biohazard Battle is one a lot of people haven’t heard of, but I played a ton as it was one of the first Genesis games I owned back in the day and was especially a blast with a buddy in 2P mode.

But yeah so many great games. Probably my favorite video game era of all time.

Page 157 of 161 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159 ... LastLast