The Random Thought Thread

wolfson

May 24, 2013
in Queensland we have the best tropical fruits , mangoes , bananas , custard apples , pineapples and a pile of exotics up north . well they trialing the old pineapple .
:cool:

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Sometimes reality is really, really strange.

English student writes story of a dystopian future where a computer algorithm sorts students by class and wins an Orwell prize for it. One year later it becomes a reality and her English grade downgraded.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-53812315

What happens next still to be seen, appears that with the non-exam exam fiasco that some universities have now made more offers than there are places as those that the algorithm didn't like lost out and some of those places were offered to other students and now that the grades have reverted to teacher assesments some now have the grades to meet the offer they previously had.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
wilbers , strange times indeed , who knows how things will look or change in the next year . i`m keeping an open mind on everything . :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
i did a extra long walk today , about 3 hours . there was a street march for refugees and i crossed the road before it finished , i got pulled over by a copa , she let me off with a warning for jay walking , naughty boy hahahaha . so i thought why not show off my city where i shop and walk . i would love for you to show vids of where you all live . i`m the luckiest bastard , my place is at Tweed Heads with the beaches as my front yard and the Gold Coast Hinterland as my backyard . in Brisbane at Dad`s place i`m 10 minutes from South Bank . by the way we pronounce it Brisben enjoy :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
show you where Dad`s place is . when looking at the house facing the city , count about 6 houses down and you`ll see a couple of trees clustered together , we are right in behind the trees . that`s how close we are to the city . as you can see greenery everywhere :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
look what i bloody found my Uncle Theo and Aunty Melba`s house when it got auctioned , my 2 cousins are there right in the start ,Stelios with the white shorts and big gut and his brother Savva comes up next to him with the grey hair.:cool:
1 street away from Dad`s place .

wolfson

May 24, 2013
an Aussie made ad , pissed myself watching it .i was going to put it in the comic section , i said , what the hell , put it here . they make vids on the Australia Government , but because a lot of Americans asked them to do a vid on the American Government , they did .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
well done Sevilla in the Europa Cup this morning , and the girls are back , and i think it`s going to be a Turtle`s song . it`s 9-22 am 22-8-20 now .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
look to what`s coming
:cool:i`m not buying any games until i get my new consoles except for Dirt 5 which i`ve already pre ordered

wolfson

May 24, 2013
how you going Citizen , hope your well ? this clip i can`t show the full 30 min . we watched young Sophie growing up before us . about 16 years ago , Sophie was sleeping at day care when a horrific accident happened , she was badly burned and then after she recovered she was hit by another car in her stroller . she always brings a smile to my dial , now she`s going to London on her own . Ahn who is painting Sophie is a comedian , writer , he is well loved because he always smiles as well . this was on the other night .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Fathers Day is off with my family , Stevie`s family in Melbourne no go either way , they are under lockdown , Nikki`s family have a bubble which is a 30km radius . if i go into Tweed Heads when i come back i have to go into hotel isolation for 2 weeks . we were going to meet inside the bubble on the Queensland side , but now we are only allowed 10 people in any gathering . there is too many of us , so FaceTime it is . Schoolies is still on but no mass gatherings , the kids will have to come up with other ideas , i`m sure they will , the kids today are very cluey . today is Daffodil Day , donated first thing this morning , the kids were at King George Square , i hope they raise heaps . everyone stay safe especially in the USA with the fires and hurricanes and covid-19 .:cool:

Members online

Members online