The Random Thought Thread

wolfson

May 24, 2013
how good is this , in next weeks AFL Grand Final Collingwood have a big lump of timber from Texas USA , Mason Cox , and he`s a beauty !!!:cool:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Aussie football is glorious, utter chaos on a pitch, good luck figuring out the rules, but someone wins in the end and there's usually a fight or two. Kinda like hockey I suppose, but with more mud.

Shame they don't show it anywhere in the States.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I`d say check your local sports bar or pub , there might be chance they have it . over here Fox sports and channel 7 cater for the AFL . maybe Fox sports USA has it . I think he`s the tallest player in the AFL .:cool:it`s like soccer , you can go in any direction using hand or foot , that`s the simplest way of following , the big fights have been rubbed out , and head is much better protected now .:cool:

dmil666

May 19, 2018
Aussie football is glorious, utter chaos on a pitch, good luck figuring out the rules, but someone wins in the end and there's usually a fight or two. Kinda like hockey I suppose, but with more mud.

Shame they don't show it anywhere in the States.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

You used to be able to watch it on an obscure cable sports channel about 25 years ago, that's where I first saw it, but it wasn't there for long. Great sport, confusing as hell the first few times you watch it, but as you figure it out it's not so bad. I really miss it.
We can watch cricket though, and for that I am thankful. The BBL is coming up.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I really enjoy Aussie football as well. I catch it by accident late at night sometimes. If it was on at a reasonable time, even as a replay, I’d be watching. Need a regular viewing schedule here in the US.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I`d say check your local sports bar or pub , there might be chance they have it . over here Fox sports and channel 7 cater for the AFL . maybe Fox sports USA has it . I think he`s the tallest player in the AFL .:cool:it`s like soccer , you can go in any direction using hand or foot , that`s the simplest way of following , the big fights have been rubbed out , and head is much better protected now .:cool:

So basically it's like jai alai.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
good one Citizen , that`s not a bad game :cool: Spacies Arcade just got a new youtube , it was really good . also on youtube Ultra Custom Cabs brought out a video of a cocktail table . it has the same pinball system as mine . Darrel did say he was doing the cocktail table before mine . I was over the moon with the setup , I`m hoping I`ll get it this week , if next weeks fine !!!:cool:

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I've considered collecting cocktail pins. There was a really nice Caribbean Cruise for sale near me recently I was going to buy but it got snatched up immediately.

A cocktail pincab would be cool to have as long as it was loaded with all the Game Plan, Fascination, Allied Leisure and International Concepts tables.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
my VP Table is done , you can see a quick 30 sec video on Ultra Custom Cabs facebook , Darryl is going to do a youtube instruction video then deliver , I`m happy happy little vegemite !!! :cool::cool::cool:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
She's a real beaut!!! Love the arcade joysticks and buttons too! You'll have to load it up with some arcade classics as well, maybe some Galaga? :cool:

I'll copy the pics over for anyone who doesn't have Facebook or is too lazy to go there haha:

dJwM92M.jpg

ZKQN5si.jpg

NhG72ow.jpg

wolfson

May 24, 2013
oh Jeff , thank you so much for putting the photos up , I really appreciate that my mate !!! ;) I think the youtube instruction video should be up by tomorrow . after watching Greg and his mate Steve ( I think that was his name , sorry if not ) Galaga should be on there , there is 12,000 retro games on there . I can`t wait , should be in my hands by Friday or Saturday .the total cost was with all the upgrades $2,893 au , the card went up to GT1030 and the ram memory went to 16 GB . and how`s the 4k tv going now ? I reckon on the gaming side you`d be over the moon !!! :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
i forgot 85 VPX , 85 FX2 & FX3 , 685 Future , 262 VP & 71 TPA tables , that`s on Pinball X , and on a separate section he all 95 TPA tables .:cool: plus the 12,00 retro games . i`m bloody happy !!!:cool:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Now that’s what I call fully loaded! I bet you must feel like a kid waiting for Santa Clause to come eh? It truly is gorgeous mate. As for me I’m loving my new toy too, been playing all sorts of stuff. Really impressed with the HDR on PS4 Pro.

Had to take care of a sick wife today though. Poor thing had a pretty rough day, but she was doing better tonight.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
wish her all the best and a speedy recovery :) glad to hear Jeff , yep that HDR , what a game changer . on Gregs Galaga , it was Alex , I was way off with his name :eek: I can`t wait , but I want Darryl to film it for instructions , and also it might help someone else who loves pinball but can`t afford the up market tables . with our forum , Blahcade and Spacies Arcade , it`s about helping each other out in one way or another :cool: my son said what room I`m putting it in , I said YiaYias ( grandmas ) room , he said , am I turning it into a games room, I said thanks for the idea hehehe Stevie . my daughter said , that`s enough gadgets Dad , I said , no worries Nikki hehehe !!! :cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Any of you folks out there catch the new Magnum P.I.? (mini spoiler ahead, read at own risk) I'd like to see it more reality based. At least keep the stuff in the realm of possibility. Jumping off a car as it goes over a cliff and one hand catching a helicopter. I don't think so. And grow a mustache for God's sake. Pretty good cast and superb cars as you would expect.
PS...New Higgens is hot!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Thanks wolfy :) Looking forward to hearing how your new game room turns out!

[MENTION=568]Kolchak357[/MENTION] does it at least have dobermans?

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Dobermans , nice one . temporary games room hehe . when I move eventually to my place , dining room and family room are together , perfect chuck a few items out the door , and wella , games room !!!:cool: there is a 5 min night time gameplay on my table on Ultra Custom Cabs facebook . so I`d say the the instruction video will be very soon , I`m hoping today !!:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.