The Random Thought Thread

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Top 3 Beatles albums for me. But I dig almost everything they ever did. And yes, Sgt Pepper, Revolver, and Rubber Soul are all 3a. ;) I do enjoy their earlier albums, but they seem so simple that they lack the re-listen value that some of the later albums have for me.

1. Let It Be
2. Abbey Road
3. White Album

Kolchak , great choices those 3 !!!:cool:

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Clearly the worst.

Agree 100%.
Greatest Albums: Revolver, Abbey Road and Rubber Soul. The White Album maybe would have been their best, if they released it as a single album. But tracks like Revolution number nine motivated me to burn my own single album Version on cd.

Rolling Stones? Exactly the same top-list as Dedpop

The Who? Quadrophenia, Who´s next, Live at Leeds

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Silverball , yep those 3 for the Who , great .I fell in love with Who`s Next , played it non stop all weekend when I got it !!!! looks like a few of us seem to have similar tastes in 1960s & 1970s music . also all of the Yes , Led Zep , Queen , Bowie , Lou Reed , The Boss , Mink Deville ,Cold Chisel ,AC/DC , Linda Ronstadt and Daddy Cool and Aerosmith .:cool: there lots more , but these are my main ones !!!:cool:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Silverball , yep those 3 for the Who , great .I fell in love with Who`s Next , played it non stop all weekend when I got it !!!! looks like a few of us seem to have similar tastes in 1960s & 1970s music . also all of the Yes , Led Zep , Queen , Bowie , Lou Reed , The Boss , Mink Deville ,Cold Chisel ,AC/DC , Linda Ronstadt and Daddy Cool and Aerosmith .:cool: there lots more , but these are my main ones !!!:cool:

Right on. Definitely my favorite era of music. My top picks are Jimi Hendrix (of course, right?), Dylan, CCR, The Allman Brothers, Pink Floyd, Tom Petty, ZZ Top, Santana, The Grateful Dead, Neil Young...

It’s cool how there’s so much diversity even in classic rock. Wolfson named over 10 of his favorites and none of them are even on my list. There’s so much incredible music to go around.

Last edited:

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Frank Zappa, Captain Beefheart, Blue Öyster Cult, Procol Harum, Uriah Heep, Rush, Wishbone Ash, The Doors, The Band.

Adding to the list.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Jeff and Citizen I had a lot of the artist you both have named , I had about 250 albums , I switched over to CDs . I gave all my albums to about 10 youngsters for free , they were all over the moon !!!:cool: with the CDs I wanted to downsize . I had about 100 CDs and my ex girlfriend took off with them . now I have about 50 CDs mainly greatest hits CDs .:cool: I do love all music in my old age , Opera , Latino ,Country , Heavy Metal , Musicals are my faves . I went to Rocky Horror about 35 years ago . I just love them !!!:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.