The Random Thought Thread

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Insomnia and 1 Hour Photo were my favorites of his. He was so creepy in them. Brilliant stuff.

Agreed. It was always refreshing to see him in a non comedic role. (He was actually offered the role of "The Joker" in 1989's "Batman" if I recall right?)

For me, though, it'll always be "Mrs. Doubtfire". I still laugh my ass off to that movie. It actually holds up really well after all these years.

As for suicide, I've never held it against anyone. I've lost a lot of loved ones in my life, so I've dealt with depression before. You just can't judge someone until you've been in their shoes. (The fact that he had early stage Parkinson's disease actually makes me understand his decision even more. Who the hell would want to go through that? It's always saddened me to see how Michael J. Fox is now. He truly deserved better.)

Last edited:

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Agreed. It was always refreshing to see him in a non comedic role. (He was actually offered the role of "The Joker" in 1989's "Batman" if I recall right?)

For me, though, it'll always be "Mrs. Doubtfire". I still laugh my ass off to that movie. It actually holds up really well after all these years.

As for suicide, I've never held it against anyone. I've lost a lot of loved ones in my life, so I've dealt with depression before. You just can't judge someone until you've been in their shoes. (The fact that he had early stage Parkinson's disease actually makes me understand his decision even more. Who the hell would want to go through that? It's always saddened me to see how Michael J. Fox is now. He truly deserved better.)
Someone close to me had lung cancer given no hope of a cure put a gun to his head before he became a burden on others. I would only hope I had the balls to do the same

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Someone close to me had lung cancer given no hope of a cure put a gun to his head before he became a burden on others. I would only hope I had the balls to do the same

...and that's my point. I wouldn't blame anyone for doing that, or hold them in some sort of negative light.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
between facebook trolls the kickstarter crazy time and out and out whiners, this sint so much fun anymore, gonna take a long break, good luck in the future guys, and the podcast.

cheers!

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
I don't blame you. I'm not on Facebook but over on the kickstarter comments that was something that got totally out of control. Who in there right mind would want to be part of that.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
between facebook trolls the kickstarter crazy time and out and out whiners, this sint so much fun anymore, gonna take a long break, good luck in the future guys, and the podcast.

cheers!

We will lure you back with promises of candy, whiskey, cigarettes, and magazines of questionable taste.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Dylan vs the silver ball

15365685680_71d3888820_m.jpg

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
A bunch of people stream live pinball on twitch every weekday from 6-7:00PM.
This week they are playing Batman Dark Knight.
On Twitch look under. Dead_flip

Edit - that's 6 to 7 or 7:30PMish eastern u.s. time

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.