The Random Thought Thread

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
<raises hand>

I admit it, I had a crush on Jaye P Morgan, but my favorite person was always The Unknown Comic.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
How many of you remember this?

You have no idea how much I love the Gong Show. Chucky Baby was the best, looking eternally drunk/stoned, even though he wasn't. The raucous studio audience, the judges, the fake talent that went on to later success (Steve Martin, Paul Ruebens, Oingo Boingo, and many more). Add in the lack of a Standards and Practices Department since it started out syndicated, and you got things like two 15 year old girls sucking on a popsicle for for 2 minutes.

God bless the Unknown Comic for introducing very wrong humor to a preteen such as myself, judges that were in on the joke, and Gene Gene the Dancing Machine. I would lose my mind when he'd come on. Wish they still showed reruns, 'cause I'd totally watch.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I was wondering if that KS WW3 video would appear here its dam funny but keep the damn politics out of this site. Only 1 thing starts heated debates/arguments faster RELIGION!

N

netizen

Open WRT or DD-WRT to flash my router into a VPN Gateway?
Suggestions? Anecdotes? Experiences?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Makin' a whole mess of Chicago style Italian beef in the slow cooker today. House smells like heaven. Wish you could all be here.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
What's your recipe and what cut of meat do you use?

Here is the recipe I use. Super easy and pretty good. It won't put Portillos out of business but we enjoy it.
The recipe says rump roast but I prefer to use a nice big chuck roast. I also put a nice crust on it on the grill before it goes into the crock pot. We replace the garlic powder with a few cloves of fresh garlic. And instead of water I use beef stock.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-C...n beef&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=Home Page

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Here is the recipe I use. Super easy and pretty good. It won't put Portillos out of business but we enjoy it.
The recipe says rump roast but I prefer to use a nice big chuck roast. I also put a nice crust on it on the grill before it goes into the crock pot. We replace the garlic powder with a few cloves of fresh garlic. And instead of water I use beef stock.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-C...n beef&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=Home Page

That's almost exactly the same as Tom Thayer's recipe that I use. It does make a tasty sammich! Decades ago every Italian beef place had different styles. Now most seem to have adopted the Portillos or Johnny's style. Anyway, if you don't have a meat slicer the slow cooker is the way to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts