The Random Thought Thread

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
In fairness it sounds exactly like something he'd say, and once made aware of it, I'm sure he approved. After someone explained what a garage sale is to him, anyway.

He has been going around saying that he relates to the furloughed workers and that most of them agree 100% with what he's doing, and that is truly reprehensible. He apparently does in his twisted mind believe he has empathy for them, even though no one can seem to figure out exactly how he could possibly relate to their situation.

Last edited:

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
I've just made the mistake of googling stupid things said by Trump. One had a list of 50, but because there are so many have expanded it to 75.

Still a week until the halfway point of his presidency - seems like its been a lot longer.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
wilbers , what are all comics going to do after they kick the bloody bastard out of The Oval Office hehehe !!! :cool:

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
wolfson, they will never run out of material in this country. I'll just be able to start laughing about it again rather than hitting a despair spiral....

wilbers, 75 seems low, unless that's a daily figure.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I’m pretty sure he says at least one stupid thing on a daily basis so a complete list would be way longer by now.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
wilbers , what are all comics going to do after they kick the bloody bastard out of The Oval Office hehehe !!! :cool:

By "they" of course you mean the american voters. I am one of them and not responsible for putting that bafoon charge of anything. However, I am losing faith in the intelligence of my country's electorate. Never wishing to sound political, i just have to say that this guy will probably do himself in before the blind populace has a chance to put him in there again. I hope. But then, I lost a bet that he would not win the Republican nomination. And I lost another when I said he would never win the election. sigh.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
steven , yes by voting . we are lucky in Australia , voting is compulsory and if we stuff up with our vote , we have an election every 3 years . we do not vote for a Prime Minister , we vote for the Party . our Prime Minister can`t do the crap orange boy is doing . another thing , our Cabinet is made up of only elected pollies . also we rarely have the House and Senate run by the same party , us Aussies do something stupid , when it comes to the House that`s the Party we elect , but the Senate we screw it around , we tend to pick them so that no Party has control , that way they can`t push anything through without negotiating with each other. for instance remember when the US Senate pushed through tax cuts for the rich , our Government tried to do the same , but out Senate hit it on the head , no go . also our pollies are pussies , I think I mentioned it before , our Prime Minister tried to cut funds $400,000 to the Food Bank , just before Xmas, he copped crap from everyone and his dog , within 24 hours he backed down . :cool:

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
wolfson, they will never run out of material in this country. I'll just be able to start laughing about it again rather than hitting a despair spiral....

wilbers, 75 seems low, unless that's a daily figure.

Given when the article was published it was just under 1 per week. Probably get updated soon and another 25 added.

Saw some of the US version of the apprentice and wasn't keen on him in that either - was all "celebrities" and rather than try and win the task through effort it was just down to how much they could get their rich friends to come and donate. UK version in recent years (that I do watch) at least has something real at the end as the prize is £250,000 investment for 50% stake in the winners (newly formed, or very small before the investment) company - most winners are likely to become millionaires (at least on paper) over time as they get some guidance, and so far have all been hard working and have expertise at what they do.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
had a laugh yesterday , Republicans were saying all the US drugs come from Mexico ,dummies haha . drugs come from all over the world , planes , boats ,trains , cars . and do these dipsticks think there is no drug labs in USA . the problem is world wide . this holiday season we have lost 6 kids at concerts . today we had a $20 million drug bust . it involved 8 people , some were from a cabin crew . so how much have they actually brought in over the years . I`ve seen stupid ways of bringing drugs in , but filling condoms with drugs and then swallowing them , that takes the cake . education is best way to go .

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Kolchak ,good one . best I`ve heard in a long time . that makes the 2 of us out of the age bracket . I wonder , do you get a free slab ( beer ) to take home hehe !!!:cool:

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
was just going though the list of all sega genesis titles on wiki and making a list of games i want to grab on ebay and add to my collection when suddenly i came across something I forgot about... Action 52! Didnt know it had a genesis release but I remember my friend had a copy of this on NES and it was horrible. 52 seriously bad games. some of them really glitched up and not fully playable. Its considered one of the worst games ever made... and apparently farsight made it. I was going to see if i could grab a copy for the cheese factor (and cuz even though i might talk some smack every now and then deep down I love farsight) but the damn thing goes for like over 100 bucks so thats a no go. Dude they should retheme all the tables with impossible rights as cheetahmen tables.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Ahh, good ol Action 52. Jay Olbernolte (owner of Farsight) did indeed work on the Genesis version when he ws first starting out as a programmer. I really wish when I met him up in Big Bear that I would’ve asked him for some stories from those days. I think the Genesis version was slightly better than the NES original, but they were both notoriously bad.

Last edited:

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
It's not really mysterious, it's just a bad unlicensed game made by fly-by-night devs. Speaking of which, I was just talking to someone about a Color Dreams game earlier today.

I prefer Werebears, myself.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
was just going though the list of all sega genesis titles on wiki and making a list of games i want to grab on ebay and add to my collection

Castlevania: Bloodlines
Contra: Hard Corps
Shadowrun
Rocket Knight Adventures 1-2
Road Rash 2-3
TMNT: Hyperstone Heist
General Chaos
Blaster Master 2
Elemental Master
Crusader of Centy
Gaiares
Alisia Dragoon
Herzog Zwei
Gargoyles
Batman: The Video Game
X-Men 1-2
Sub-Terrania
Ranger X
Trouble Shooter
Zero Tolerance
Cyborg Justice
Rolling Thunder 3

I hope you have/plan on getting all of those.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Ahh, good ol Action 52. Jay Olbernolte (owner of Farsight) did indeed work on the Genesis version when he ws first starting out as a programmer. I really wish when I met him up in Bug Bear that I would’ve asked him for some stories from those days. I think the Genesis version was slightly better than the NES original, but they were both notoriously bad.

That video was fascinating. While it seems FarSight actually fixed things enough to have a working Genesis cart, it also seems some of the business plans of the Action 52 'creator' rubbed off on them. I'd never heard of this game so that was a fun bit of video game lore to learn about.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Castlevania: Bloodlines
Contra: Hard Corps
Shadowrun
Rocket Knight Adventures 1-2
Road Rash 2-3
TMNT: Hyperstone Heist
General Chaos
Blaster Master 2
Elemental Master
Crusader of Centy
Gaiares
Alisia Dragoon
Herzog Zwei
Gargoyles
Batman: The Video Game
X-Men 1-2
Sub-Terrania
Ranger X
Trouble Shooter
Zero Tolerance
Cyborg Justice
Rolling Thunder 3

I hope you have/plan on getting all of those.

Freakin' Herzog Zwei...

My buddy drops off his Genesis to my college roommate who was trying to decide between buying a Genesis or Turbo Grafix 16. Among the games to mess around with is Herzog Zwei. We have no clue what this thing even is, what type of game genre, and no instruction manual. After much trial and error, we finally start understanding enough to get some 2 player matches going that last more than 1 minute. Eventually we seem to have the hang of things and a healthy competition brews and good times are had. So my buddy swings by a few weeks later to pick up his system, asks what we've been playing. We mention Herzog and he says that's one of his favorites. We're feeling cocky, especially since some knock down drag out battles have gone on that were lasting 30 minutes sometimes (my memory is very sketchy, but that's my impression), so we challenge him.

He proceeds to school us by not only defeating us in record time, but doing things in the game we had no idea were even possible. Again, we'd never so much as read the instruction manual! After that complete demoralization, I never played the game again. My friend would however go on to completely demoralize me in many other real time strategy games thereafter. I'd play Command and Conquer against him where he'd give me a 5 minute head start, him not being able to so much as touch the keyboard, and he'd still wreck me 5 minutes later.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.