The Random Thought Thread

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Holland vs Cameroon was a good match last night and now I`m waiting for the Football Ferns our Kiwi cousins vs Canada .:cool:

ZREXMike2

Oct 22, 2018
Cool Cit, always loved that tune, took up a whole side of a cd. wolfson i guess i have to watch some rugby, i really don't understand how it's played. not much of a sports buff except motogp, mx, and other motorcycle racing. was just curious the difference between soccer and rugby. :)

ZREXMike2

Oct 22, 2018
Yeah, that song eventually killed the band, I guess they never could equal it. Seen them at the Pensacola Fairgrounds, when the police stopped the show, said it was getting late. No surprise there, that town. :(

Correction: Seen them at Five Flags Speedway Pensacola, same details as far as them getting shut down tho. Damn thats been a long time ago.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Allow me to interrupt all this soccer talk ('scuse me, football) for some NBA blathering...

I was surprised to find myself sorta rooting for the Raptors to win it all. I liked all the stories that went along with them. From the coach coming out of the G-League to win as a rook, a city winning their first championship, Kawai essentially mucking up everything when it comes to being a "1 year rental", and seeing players like Jeremy Lin (another great story) and Gasol (becoming with Pau the first brothers to have chips) succeed, it just put a smile on my face. I do feel terrible for GS, as losing 2 key players in the final games of the season to injuries that will take them out of most of next season is a terrible hand to be dealt.

The other reason I was rooting for Toronto to put an end to things in Game 6 was so what happened today could happen sooner than later.

That's right, my Lakers are getting Anthony Davis. Yes, we are trading the whole team for him, but oh well. Best part is, the one player I most wanted us to hold onto, Kuzma, we did! I no longer have to hear from Zo's loudmouth dad, Ingram can bring his sleepy eyes to New Orleans, where they essentially now have with Randal already there, our team from 2 years ago.

Now I'm just waiting for free agency to see who our 3rd big name is gonna be. I'm hoping it's not Kyrie, I doubt it'll be Kawai (though that'd be awesome if it was), but no doubt our train wreck of an organization these last 2 months look a hell of a lot more appealing now.

And of course I hope Boston loses Kyrie and doesn't sign anyone good because I hate the Celtics.

It's actually sorta funny how if Kyrie goes to Brooklyn, they won't need D'Angelo then, while we need a point guard with Ball being shipped off, who himself was the very reason we sent D'Angelo packing, so it's conceivable we get him back!

Damn if the off season isn't just as much fun as the regular season.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
just laid back to watch the Catalan GP and fmd , 4 big guns crash out , that woke me up . Marquez`s race to lose now . skip the Women`s World Cup tonight .in about 3 and a half hours the Men`s under 20 Final starts . :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I got my wires crossed , the World Cup under 20`s was this morning my time , I can only laugh at myself . only one word for me , VLAKA !!! I`m still shaking my head , I was so looking forward to the game . now chase the replay , not often I stuff up my dates . :eek:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
the USA girls were so slick this morning ,you got to love Carli Lloyd at 36 , she plays like a teenager just starting out .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
early to bed, the Matildas vs Reggae girls in the early morning , cinnamon donuts , coffee ice cream , peanut M&Ms , bowl and spoon ready !!!:cool:
good luck girls !!!:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
well done Matildas , and Italy who have improved so much and Brazil , with Marta just breaking records . I found a couple of vids that explain Greek fans .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Kolckak , your not wrong , can`t wait for this game . should be a beauty . just watching Japan vs England , great so far and I`ve keeping an eye on Scotland vs Argentina . the Scottish girls have played so well , they`ve been unlucky so far . there looking good in there game . I`ve been following the Women`s World Cup for a long time , they have all improved so much . the USA have been the flag bearers all the way from the start . now we have any one of 10 countries that can win the World Cup .:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.