The Random Thought Thread

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Sanwa buttons are probably the main upgrade to look into.

Man, I had a ton of those Tiger Electronics games as a kid.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Yeah man, definitely. I love beat 'em ups and fighting games in general, so those were among my favorite of the Tiger adaptations. Street Fighter II was probably the one I played the most.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Speaking of beat ‘em ups, River City Ransom is probably still one of my most played games of all time. Double Dragon 2 is up there as well. I remember discovering that you could cheese and get a ton of extra lives by setting it to 2 players and then just killing the other guy over and over since it gave you a free life each time heh, sort of like a more tedious version of the Contra code.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Not gonna lie, I don't like the control style of DD2 and Renegade. I'd rather play DD1 or 3 or Battletoads & DD. I do enjoy RCR and the Kunio-kun series in general, even if each new game is barely a progression.

I grew up more with the 90s stuff so my favorites lean more towards that era.

SoR series
TMNT series
The two D&D beat 'em ups
Final Fight series
Super Double Dragon
Punisher arcade
Comix Zone
Maximum Carnage (too bad Separation Anxiety sucked)
Sengoku series
Denjin Makai series
Ninja Baseball Bat Man
AvP arcade
Rushing Beat series
Simpsons arcade
Captain Commando
Cadillacs & Dinosaurs 1-2
Golden Axe series
Battletoads series (especially arcade)
Crime Fighters/Vendetta/Violent Storm

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah I haven’t played DD2 in ages so don’t know how it holds up. Just remember how huge it was on release, even if it wasn’t better than the first. All my friends absolutely went bonkers over it.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Kolchak , it`s great , it puts big pressure on the penalty takers , not so much on the keepers . it shows whose got a ticker . in Football we`re use to it now , as most countries use this system . look at Croatias Luka Modric , he missed a penalty in normal time , and he had the ticker to take a penalty in the shootout and score . all part of the fun !!!!:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts