The Random Thought Thread

wolfson

May 24, 2013
wilbers i feel for you all , the news wasn`t good from England this morning , lockdown for London and the South East , i`m thinking of all the Nana`s and Pops who going to miss out on seeing their Families .what a f... of a year . we can piss this year right off , and hopefully everyone gets the jab in the arm in the next 6 months so things can get back to some form of sanity. we have just had all our state borders opened , and what`s happened in the the last couple of days on the north shore of Sydney , it`s looking like closed state borders again . please stay safe everyone .

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Wolfy, great to hear all is well with both you and dad!

I really want to play the new Star Wars Squadrons on PS4 so Annie got me a new a flight joystick so I can really do it in style. Just gotta wait for Santa to deliver it on Christmas morning :cool:.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
thanks Jeff .sounds good to me , Star Wars Flight Squadron looks great we can always wait for Santa . i`m waiting for the Microsoft flight simulator to come to the XBOX , i`ve been watching on youtube , man oh man it looks great . i`m dying to fly into Coolangatta airport which is right next to my place :cool:

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Think everybody does that first with Flight Simulator, fly to/from the airport they use. I had a version of it in the late 90s but won't be getting this one, Star Wars squadron does look a bit interesting though.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
wilbers i had a good laugh because everyone will do the same flying to their local haha , i have so many games at the moment i`m going to wait a bit for Star Wars squadron , hopefully pick it up on a discount .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
about 9 hours till XMAS , all the best everyone and and may the New Year bring better joy than the bastard of a year we just had . a bit of fun ,:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Merry Xmas to you all , couldn`t have said it any better myself Naildriver , stay safe everyone , it`s going to take 6-9 months before we all get jabbed in the arm . :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
i thought you`d like to see what we buy for Xmas , a lot of my fellow Greeks live in Melbourne and the reporter is one too :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
wow an American President loses an election and is still in charge for at least 2 months after the election day , Australia the bastard is out on his or her arse the following week . boy , pardons for crims , not in Australia .can`t believe my eyes at the lines at the American foodbanks , so sad . what Australia did for covid 19 loss of jobs . workers who lost their jobs who where kept on the books were payed $1,500 a fortnight , since september that was extended to march 2021 at least , at $1,200 a fortnight . it`s called job keeper . the others who couldn`t be kept on the the books you got unemployment called job seeker which was $1,100 a fortnight , which was extended after september for at least march 2021 at $800 a fortnight . that`s single person rate . if your renting at low wages , i think it`s under $90,000 a year you get an extra $130 a fortnight .also all our banks allowed people who lost their jobs to hold off repayments till september , after september if you still out of work the banks made arrangements for further extensions on repayments . we might follow like sheep at what our government says , but we know we are looked after in an emergency . also pensioners , carers , disability pensioners and veterans , we have all received $1,750 bonus so far and there is another $250 coming to us in march . i hope your government does the right thing for it`s people .

wolfson

May 24, 2013
also job seeker doesn`t get cut off ever , unless your not looking for work or you refuse to take a job , Australians were offered jobs to help our farmers and were given relocation money of $6,000 because of the loss workers from the backpackers from overseas . our farmers copped it hard , drought then the bushfires then the rain came , and then bloody covid hit which stopped all the backpackers . backpackers if they work on farms they get their visas extended .

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Lockdown 3; just got the sequel that absolutely no one wanted, but everyone knew was coming. Local infection rates here over the 400 cases per 100,000 rate.

Nearly everyone I know didn't bother with household mixing for the Christmas bubble even though this wasn't an area where it was banned - how dangerous Christmas has been will become apparent in about a week. New Year's Eve celebrations (otherwise known as good riddance to 2020) banned everywhere - person in front of me in the supermarket sums it up with their very unusual shopping - Whisky, nicorette patches, condoms, and nothing else!

On the good news front, is that the most important vaccine in the UK has just got emergency use approval today.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
yep wilbers we can kiss this **** of a year goodbye . the shopper in front of you had the best idea hehe !!! great to hear the Oxford vaccine has been approved as we are getting it as well . just stay safe my mate , you and your family . and to everyone i`ll be drinking in about 15 hours for everyone to have a healthy and much better 2021 :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Happy New Year !!! wish you all the best and good health to you all and your families , fireworks on but no people in Sydney :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts