The Random Thought Thread

wolfson

May 24, 2013
what a prick of a morning ,take off at 5-00 am , go to plug my earphones to my iphone , message Maradna dies . R.I.P. Diego you were the best .

wolfson

May 24, 2013
:cool: he played in an era when balls were heavy , fields were crap and defenders butchered you if you had talent . he rose above it all and gave the world such joy . i`m fortunate to see him throughout his career and people forget he won a 2nd world cup at under 20 level . :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
thank Diego , i always smiled when i watched you , a few tears now , but the joy you gave us will always be in my heart :cool:

Oct 15, 2013
We slumber until the next-gen (now current gen) console pinball games come out. Also all these physical pinball cabs with old pins on them, who needs 'em anyway! I like my pinball on a screen with a controller. The way it was meant to be played!:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
i`m back , yep i miss everyone too , a good chinwag with a bit of laughter . well Dad has had a couple of crappy weeks in hospital , he fell , had an infection and his right knee had crystallised gout , cleaned the knee out , heavy pain killers that knock you for a six , antibiotics , steroids . he came home with the Ambos , uses a walker now , he`ll be good .i got my colonoscopy out the way , all clear and now go in on wednesday for my hernia op in my groin . great country Australia cost us nothing and throw in 2 Ambo rides to and from the hospital . got my XBOX series X , better than PS5 . all my pinball games Pinball Arcade , FX3 and Zaccaria pinball are on quick resume , i go straight back into where i left off last time in the game , a couple of seconds and i`m in another game , no more waiting . i wish you all the best around the world and stay safe please . we are going great guns here , all our State borders will be open in a couple of days . we have no infections , only Aussies coming home with covid who are taken straight into isolation for 2 weeks . we are very lucky our dipstick leaders listened to the doctors and we followed like sheep like we always do , except for a few dipsticks , just stay safe .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
bloody great to hear from you Jeff , i hope you and Annie are going well ;) hopefully for Dad to get better , we`ll see in the next 3-4 weeks , he nearly ended up in the nursing home, but started getting a bit better . he`s sleeping a lot , but we have to give him time to get better .:cool:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
wolfy, missed you buddy. Sending good vibes for your dad. Glad you can be there for him.
Great to hear you're enjoying your next gen toy! How does Dirt 5 look?
All is well here my friend, knock on wood. Check out my guitar thread when you get a chance. Left a little present there for yas. :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
same here Jeff missed you mate , and thanks for the good vibes for Dad :D looks good , but i`m having such a great time with it , this is how Dirt 4 should`ve been like . the thing i like the most on the XBOX is the quick resume , especially the 3 pinball games within seconds i`m back in where i left off , as for my racing games i`m in within 10-15 seconds , it all depends what game it is . i`ll check it out , thanks Jeff :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Dads back to normal , i had my groin hernia done on wednesday , all good , walked 8,000 steps at my normal stride and pace , all great no discomfort .:cool: how Australia handles new infections Aussie style . :cool:

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
parts of the UK were predicted to go into lockdown 3 just after Christmas, but in a U-turn from 3 days ago its being brought forward to various times, some areas from 4 hours hence. The 5 days of Christmas has been cancelled everywhere, and a new tier introduced (tier 3 was Very High risk, the new tier 4 is currently just called "tier 4", but on the risk scale is "oh f**k") in areas where the new more infectious strain of coronavirus has been spreading and Christmas Day itself has been cancelled for household mixing. Carol services are bizarre as well, since the congregation can't sing - my Aunt is helping with one, half the pews cordoned off, 2m distancing between households, masks at all times, no singing, and the organ has broken down so its going to be someone playing a keyboard instead and if anyone turns up just think the words in their heads.

Members online

Members online