The Random Thought Thread

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Finally got around to seeing the new Blade Runner movie. Was surprised how much I liked it. Prefer the action scenes of the original to 2049. But the same great visual beauty (maybe even better) and had a plot I really enjoyed. Wish I saw it on the big screen, but just never got there.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Finally got around to seeing the new Blade Runner movie. Was surprised how much I liked it. Prefer the action scenes of the original to 2049. But the same great visual beauty (maybe even better) and had a plot I really enjoyed. Wish I saw it on the big screen, but just never got there.

The thing I appreciated most was that you can watch the original and 2049 back to back and it doesn't feel like 30 years of film language separates them. It's a nice natural progression between the two, and as a lover of the original I wasn't disappointed in the least with 2049 and think it will age just as well.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I`m back , been up and down like a yoyo , going back to Tweed Heads this weekend again . everyone have a Merry Xmas and may you all have a great 2019 with your families !!! :cool:

HulaHoop72

Feb 2, 2018
Worth keeping your eyes peeled for Blade Runner/2049 double bills.
Here in the UK there have been a few cinemas that have shown them back-to-back.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Welcome back Wolfy! My wife gave me RDR2 early so I just started diving into the story. Love it so far.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
For my birthday yesterday I got this:
6649549cb28261f5cdd37ae9581910d6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Happy Birthday Eldar , and Jeff I`m not a shooting guy gamer but I`ve fallen in love with RDR2 , my Nephews are all laughing at me , because they know how hopeless at shooting games I !!!:cool:am

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
You should’ve seen me when I first started playing. Accidently trampled a random stranger when you get your first wagon on the way to town. Also tried to save someone a bit later (no spoilers), and accidently hit the wrong button and shot them instead. My wife was in tears, laughing hysterically. So it’s been very entertaining so far, in more ways than one!

Have a great Christmas, my friends.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
You should’ve seen me when I first started playing. Accidently trampled a random stranger when you get your first wagon on the way to town. Also tried to save someone a bit later (no spoilers), and accidently hit the wrong button and shot them instead. My wife was in tears, laughing hysterically. So it’s been very entertaining so far, in more ways than one!

Have a great Christmas, my friends.
Jeff I`m still pressing the wrong buttons , it makes you laugh !!!:cool: you too Jeff , ours is nearly over . enjoy yours with the Family and all the best in 2019 my mate !!!:cool:

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
The worst thing about accidentally doing something bad in RDR2 is just the fact that Rockstar games starting with GTAIV have gotten so damn touchy about how easy it is to get a wanted level, how drastically the law reacts to even minor infractions, how relentless they are, and how far out of your way you have to go to deal with having a wanted level.

I realize it's probably just a kneejerk corporate policy shift in reaction to how much grief they got during the PS2 years from video game scapegoating reactionaries, but still, it's gotten kind of annoying in-game.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I want to congratulate the Australian Govt. for putting the MS drug Mavenclad which cost $54,000 au a year on the PBS , and now will cost $40 a script . well done !!!:cool:

Members online

Members online