The Random Thought Thread

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I haven't pulled any of my amps out of storage for a long time. These days I am 100% software (STL Tones and Helix Native) on a laptop and just running through the board when playing out. The only hardware I need is a floor based switching system, but that isn't really necessary anymore either (thanks to Show Page in Studio One 5) and it has pretty much become just a fairly expensive and bulky volume and expression pedal.

Lot of ways to slay the dragon these days. Pretty amazing stuff. I did use Bias FX for a bit. But I found myself playing more with the software, than playing my guitar. Too many options for a beginner to fiddle with. It did sound good though.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Here's what I spent my afternoon doing. I still have the Space Shuttle Discovery to build, and that's going to be a little more challenging, if the instructions are anything to go by!
fb589e844aa24afdad1dd0bd9a2fa458.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
I need somewhere to put it. My wife refused to let it be the centerpiece at dinner.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Have you already decided where you want to put it, and that place it the "compromise" option for not having it on the dining table? Looks too heavy for the dangle it from the ceiling option.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
I was thinking more along the lines of deciding where you want to put the shuttle, suggest putting it somewhere (dining room table) that you know the answer is no to so you can [reluctantly] agree to put it where you wanted in the first place as the compromise.

Same sort of thinking is that if there is a task (such as ironing for example) that you really don't want to do then rather than saying no, you do it really badly in an attempt to never get asked again.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
though it looks suspiciously like I might be talking to myself on this thread given the number of posts in the last 3 weeks, its May, it just snowed near here (according to the news article there was also very late snow in 1963), and on June 25th it will be Junemas (aka Christmas 2 to replace the bits of the one on December 25th that got cancelled because of Covid restrictions changing just before it).
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/oth...rly-with-loved-ones/ar-BB1gq4SH?ocid=msedgntp

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
wow i havn't been around the forum in a while... it's been a crazy year for me and pretty much everyone ha. My random thought for the moment is how much i miss the old days of TPA where we would have a constant supply of ongoings to talk about and speculate over. hope everything is going okay with everybody :) ...also, PINBALL RULES!!!!!!!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
wow i havn't been around the forum in a while... it's been a crazy year for me and pretty much everyone ha. My random thought for the moment is how much i miss the old days of TPA where we would have a constant supply of ongoings to talk about and speculate over. hope everything is going okay with everybody :) ...also, PINBALL RULES!!!!!!!

Yeah, pretty much a ghost town now. I miss it as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.