The Random Thought Thread

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Kolchack I`m having a chuckle , my son`s first car was a Hyundai in 1997 and I agree it was plastic crap . the new ones are much better .:cool:

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
maroonT_313_2.jpg

My first car was a 1988 Buick LeSabre T-Type.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
my place is right next door to the Coolangatta Airport . this weekend it`s plane after plane coming in . no planes between 12-00 am and 6-00 am . at night I use to sit on the patio with couple of bottles and watch the planes come in .:cool: I`m going down Tuesday to see the youngsters , Jack Evans Boat Harbour is where we go swimming .

wolfson

May 24, 2013
great time with the Grandkids , went swimming , had pasta , spinach , fetta , tomatoes salad with garlic bread , bloody nice . my youngest darl will be 2 in just over 2 months , how time goes so quickly. getting ready for a big weekend of sports , can`t wait .
where we go swimming .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
catchup on Schoolies . I wish they had Schoolies in my time , then again I was that dumb I left in year 10 , so I wouldn`t have gone . in 1976 Xmas my brother and me finished work , we had 4 weeks holiday pay plus 3 days pay for Xmas , boxing day and the New Year plus 17% loading . we went to Surfers Paradise no bookings , no worries . we ran out of money , we organised the bank in Surfers and Mum was in the bank in Brisbane , the bank manager had to describe us over the phone . my brother and me had earrings all over our ears , we got the money , we had a great bloody time . in 1976 our accom. was $300 a week , a lot of money , my wage was $76 a week and my brother $55 a week . we did take $1,000 extra with us . we still talk about that holiday , we laugh a lot how stupid we were . I won`t say what we got up to , you could say a couple of illegal things , that`s all I`m saying .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
last one for Schoolies , the Mexicans have arrived hehe , the kids from Victoria and New South Wales , they take the 2nd week of Schoolies
:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I was watching Greek vids , I came across one on my fav foods my mother use to make for us . Mum was a great cook , not like most mothers who mainly cooked Greek food , Mum cooked food from all around the world , she had cook books everywhere . :cool: this vid is Aussie Greek Mum Niki , great name , my daughters name as well .

wolfson

May 24, 2013
you wonder why we never leave home till we get married and why we love our Mums and YiaYiathes (Grandmas ) so much , hehe !!! plus the threat of the wooden spoon ( weapon of mass destruction ) keeps us in line .:cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
My mom was pretty awesome. But sadly she was a terrible cook. She hated cooking. My grandmothers and most of my aunts were great cooks, so I’m not quite sure how that happened. :)

Members online

Members online