The Random Thought Thread

wolfson

May 24, 2013
we`re called cousins from across the ditch , in NZ Mauri and South sea Islanders plus the Anglos . 2 of my grandsons are half Kiwis . heaps of Kiwis live in Australia . we`re lucky our boofheads listen to the doctors . here we are pretty lay back , all we want is honesty and no bull**** from our pollies .our Prime Minister copped a gobful from everyone for his handling of the bush fires , he learnt his lesson . your President should step into the background and let the doctors take control .

wolfson

May 24, 2013
boy , did my walk early this morning at 5-00 am till 7-00 am change . the cleaners at QLD Museum , Art Gallery , Library and GOMA that i say hello to , now are disinfecting tables , chairs , benches and spraying certain areas . there is more cleaners than usual . now our leaders are telling us it could be September or longer . there really worried about the elderly and calling off certain ops so we have plenty of beds for what`s going to hit us like a ton of bricks . we normally have budgets in may , well that`s been thrown out the window . not many walkers , runners or bike riders are out in the morning . i have my backpack with me , umbrella , medicines and water , i touch nothing . stay safe everyone .

wolfson

May 24, 2013
from midnight my daughter who lives in Tweed Heads but works over the border has a permit to go to work . for me buckleys going from QLD to Tweed Heads , police on the border , no grand kids for ages .i reckon by next week the country will be locked down altogether , all good if it slows the virus down .so far 2,423 have the virus and 9 have died , 162,000 tests for the virus . so far not bad for 26 million people / true indication will be the next 2 weeks .

wolfson

May 24, 2013
from midnight my daughter who lives in Tweed Heads but works over the border has a permit to go to work . for me buckleys going from QLD to Tweed Heads , police on the border , no grand kids for ages .i reckon by next week the country will be locked down altogether , all good if it slows the virus down .so far 2,423 have the virus and 9 have died , 162,000 tests for the virus . so far not bad for 26 million people / true indication will be the next 2 weeks .

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Naildriver , just got home from my walk . today i did 6-30 am to 8-30. normally i walk 4-30 am to 6-30 am. on the early walk where most walkers , runners and bike riders , has slowed right down . today was different , the CBD is across the river from us where most people work . there was plenty of people going to work over the 4 bridges , but nowhere near the normal crowds . as for the other areas they were dead . what`s like for you all round the world ? i`m not going into the CBD , i`m a little chicken s... !!! i`m too scarred for my Dad , he`s happy watching movies eating his chochies and ice cream , i take him for a walk around the block , he`s not allowed to sit on the bus stop seats . :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
forgot , it looked liked less than half that normally walk to work , normally you see heaps of school kids , not now . my neighbors who saved my life took their girls out of school and are on holiday in their hometown on the Sunshine Coast , that`s north of Brisbane . one of the girls had 3 kids in her class and the other had 8 kids , so parents took them out for a week because school holidays coming up as well . it`s good because less kids in school , so their well spaced .

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Here in Kentucky we’re not on travel restrictions yet schools are closed a minimum of 3 more weeks. All inessential stores are closed. My business is still going strong. We have 7 houses started and contracts singed in 8 more. There’s been one couple back out so far. I haven’t started their house yet. Interest rates are rock bottom. There’s a lot of people hurting from lost jobs and layoffs.

meanpinball

Mar 16, 2020
Store employees are starting to hoard scarce resources for themselves.

I asked for gloves and the clerk initially said what's on the shelves is all they have.

As I finished paying, the clerk eventually volunteered that they had a pack of gloves. She walked me to the back storage area. It was HUGE. Easily as large as the showroom floor. She grabbed one pack for me.

This is all so sad.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
we`re all in the same boat . you have to laugh or you go stupid .Naildriver i`m so glad you got work . i haven`t any cameras as i gave mine to my daughter . i got a vid for you where i do my walks . what this young fella says is true . he did a great job
:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
i was thinking of the people on Ikaria , i hope they didn`t get the coronavirus . they have 100 Panayiris (festivals )a year . it`s blue zone where a lot of them reach 100 years of age . whoever leads she or he dances whatever they want , you gotta love`em:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.