The Random Thought Thread

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I was at Tweed Heads yesterday , and the eldest Grandson was getting ready with his mates . they all had a great time , heaps of lollies . I hope the youngsters knocked on your door Kolchak , and Happy Halloween to you and your Family !!!:cool:

I always have a fun time at Halloween Wolfy. Love seeing the kids get dressed up, and the hot little soccer mom's too. ;)
I binge watched cheesy horror movies all month as well. My fave month of the year.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Figured I’d put this here as well...a little tour of what I’ve been working on: my arcade Front End.

Still a work in progress, but it’s coming along nicely:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
1972 made for TV movie “Gargoyles” on Svengoolie tonight. I know there are some really good football games on tonight, but if you are looking for something a bit different, Gargoyles is actually pretty entertaining.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Kolchak I remember that show , yep , not bad . USA don`t forget , vote on Tuesday , last election 98% of us convicts voted , your last election only 52% voted , come on . I`ll be sitting back with a couple of stubbies watching The Melbourne Cup !!!! do you have sausage sizzles at your voting booths ? :cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
98%! Holy crap! You couldn’t get 98% of Americans to vote even if you paid them $100 each.

Wish we had sausage sizzles at our voting booths. Just people outside handing you pamphlets and telling you who you should vote for. I did get a free pen and a pin once.

Last edited:

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
They gave me a free sticke “I Voted”
98% that’s really great. This election Tuesday my guess would be a good turnout for a midterm election but 98% no way.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I`m having a little giggle here , our voting is compulsory , a little fine of $50 if you don`t vote , plus it`s on a Saturday . our Marriage Equality vote was done by postal vote and it wasn`t compulsory , 80% voted for that , not bad I reckon !!!:cool: most of our schools are used as voting booths , I heard the other day , I can`t remember which town it was , which only had 1 voting booth , and the Republicans said it was closed because of construction being done near it , and placed the new booth some amount of miles away . sorry I can`t remember how many miles it was . anyway have fun on Tuesday , I will !!!:cool:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It always blows me away how much about our elections people from other countries know. We know jack about yours!

The Tuesday voting is rather stupid in this day and age. One of those things that started with a valid reason that simply doesn’t translate to today. Problem is, it’s now tradition, and truth be told there are many that like the fact weekday voting suppresses turnout.

I’m not holding my breathe, but I’m really hoping the page gets turned on Tuesday. I really want to go back to not caring about politics, but as long as the Cheeto and his enablers are in control, I’ll sadly not be able to do that.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
in Australia we have independent Electoral Commissions State and Federal . who controls your Elections in the USA ? :cool: after the Elections , the Electoral Commissions allocate money to each Party on how many votes they get . no rich bastards can influence the party , and we vote every 3 years so they can`t stuff up too much . and in the Senate we hardly ever have 1 party to have complete control . there is always a check and balance . we also have the sniff test , our pollies hear the people complaining big time , it`s funny to watch the pollies back right off !!! it happens :cool:

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
who controls your Elections in the USA ?

Russia.

hqdefault.jpg

(Most aspects of voting in the US are regulated at the state level, even if it's a local or federal election.)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I don’t know who controls the elections, but corporations control the politicians. Been that way for a longtime. Our lobby system is legal bribery run amok.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.