The Random Thought Thread

wolfson

May 24, 2013
placed my pre order for my XBOX X , i`m on the list . not guaranteed on day of release , but i don`t care , i got PS5 on date of release , so i can wait for my XBOX X :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
great news for my family , on my Nikki`s birthday 1st of october , we can travel all the way down to Ballina and my Nikki can travel anywhere in Queensland and Stevie`s Melbourne is looking better every day , we might see them by Xmas , hoping , fingers and toes crossed . just had our monthly lunch with my cousins at the Stones Corner Hotel , i had a beautiful Haloumi and Mushroom burger , went down well with my monthly beer . :cool:

sihumchai

Apr 18, 2019
I think I just wanna rant for a bit :p

So where I'm from, basically pinball has been long dead, I was too young to enjoy them during its prime, but somewhat recently they had setup a Batman 66' in an arcade near where I live. So of course I'm excited AF to play it, yes, I do go and play it when I can - to show support so that they could introduce more tables in my arcade, but one of my peeves is that I think the table really needs maintenance.

I think the slope is not correctly adjusted (slow game), it doesn't play as fast as what I've seen people stream online (a lot of side to side movements and prone to outlanes), no regular cleaning of the playfield, no attract mode, ticket dispenser mode on, no extra balls, no high scores initial allowed, no score replay or even match sequence. To be honest, I'm quite annoyed at what could have been a better experience for a pinhead like myself. Also I think the flippers may be weak, maybe it's due to the bad Stern coil stops I read about, those on-the-fly shots really don't have power - like hitting a return orbit shot on the fly, it's just so WEAK, or maybe I ain't doing it right.

From what I could deduce based on the French rule card that is on the apron (apparently it's also signed by someone in silver marker), it could have been a reimport, hence the bad flipper strength/damaged solenoids/coil stop due to heavy use, basically it's not NIB.

Maybe I should talk to the manager there about maintaining it, because my emails to the arcade has gotten no response whatsoever. If this keeps up, I doubt they'll be making money from those tables. People just play it once and walk away, while I drop dollars and dollars when I go there.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
welcome sihumchai , i feel for you mate , i would`ve been pissed right off . keep an eye on Arcade 1 up they going to bring out a couple of tables , one is going to have Zen Marvel , one is going to have Star Wars and one is going to have real life tables . they will have about 10 tables on each one .they said it would cost about $650 us per table . that might be the way to go for you . they should be out soon but covid-19 it might be further down the line .
:cool:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Sihumchai, this is a very common problem with pins on location. More than likely, some operator has put it on site and the location employees have no part in keeping it functional. If by chance they do have the keys and the glass can be removed, check that slope (is 6.5 degrees still the norm?) and see if they’ll let you wipe down the play field. While at it, check the rubber on the flippers and slingshots to see if they are hard and cracked.

If you are able to get a conversation going with who operates the machine, ask them to show the play count stats. If it seems you are the primary customer, you might be able to convince them to get it off tournament settings and into a form that might attract others to play it. Should that prove successful, the operator might be willing to pay for parts that need replacing. You might even convince them to install a second machine if coin drops are on the rise.

sihumchai

Apr 18, 2019
Thanks for the response you guys, you have reassured me that I'm not crazy to think this way.

[MENTION=2636]wolfson[/MENTION] - this is the first time seeing the trailer for those 1UP tables, those legs looks so comical, lol.

[MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION] - It sucks to hear that that is a very common issue with pins on location, let alone the only pin in my area that is neglected in its state. It never occurred to me that it may have been on a tournament setting, but it's probably true. Next time I'll go have a talk with the manager there and see if I can examine the pin under glass and hood and also the game settings, but if they are not keen on letting me do so (or doing anything at all!), well, I guess I'll spend less time there because of the unfavourable experience.

I'll probably just upgrade my rig at some point and just play VPX or to try and own a pin of my own someday.

Edit: Oh, just to add on, I doubt the machine belongs to a private operator, it is most likely that it belongs to the arcade who brought it in from somewhere. Well at least I know where I could purchase 2nd hand tables if they decide to sell them.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
it does sound like something Nana would make Kolchak , they are beautiful birds , it`s only that 3 month baby season when the old fella is protective as hell .:cool:

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Delayed grand final of Britain's Got Talent, and they managed to get a live virtual audience to see it in place of the packed theatre.

Worthy winner, somewhat reminiscent of what Victoria Wood could do when sat at a piano.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.