The Random Thought Thread

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I think the Cubs and Brewers will be around all season. Both teams look good this year.
Haven't seen many posts from you in here lately. What music have you been listening to recently?

Agreed. The NL Central is really fun to watch right now.

Here’s my most recently played albums on amz music:

Marvin Gaye - What’s Going On?
Gregory Alan Isakov - This Empty Northern Hemisphere
The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Willie Nelson - Country Willie
Kenny Wayne Shepherd - Ledbetter Heights

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Agreed. The NL Central is really fun to watch right now.

Here’s my most recently played albums on amz music:

Marvin Gaye - What’s Going On?
Gregory Alan Isakov - This Empty Northern Hemisphere
The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Willie Nelson - Country Willie
Kenny Wayne Shepherd - Ledbetter Heights

What's Going On? and Pet Sounds are two of my all timers. I hope you are listening to Pet Sounds with head phones.
Any Willie is good with me. Somebody gave me Ledbetter Heights as a gift once. The kid sure can play.
You stumped me on Isakov. Don't know him. Now you have me curious about what I'm missing. hmm

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
You stumped me on Isakov. Don't know him. Now you have me curious about what I'm missing. hmm

You sure are missing something about his music.
My favorite track (from This Empty Northern Hemisphere album - 2009)

Crappy vid but it still gives me the chills...

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Gonna build a couple 10/22 rifles for me and my wife to hit the target range with. Can a Kidd receiver/barrel combo really be worth the price? Just thinking out loud here.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
great bunch of albums Jeff , I was like Kolchak on Isakov , Kolchak the only guns I ever touch are my Grand Sons water guns hehehe . big day today , ANZAC Day , this was last night at the AFL , pre ANZAC Day .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
this is where I normally go for ANZAC Day , Currumbin about 11km up the road from Tweed Heads . this is called the peoples ANZAC Day because it`s at the beach like Gallipoli in Turkey in WW1 .

wolfson

May 24, 2013
look what I came across looking at Currumbin , Mick and Joel 2 World Champs mates :cool: I missed Currumbin this year for ANZAC Day :cool:

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Gonna build a couple 10/22 rifles for me and my wife to hit the target range with. Can a Kidd receiver/barrel combo really be worth the price? Just thinking out loud here.

Kidd products are top of the line. I would do more research to find out what else is available.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Kidd products are top of the line. I would do more research to find out what else is available.

ND, I want something good. This is for very important competition shooting. The loser might have to wash the dishes. ;)

Hey Wolfy, is Australian Rules Football called that in Australia. Or is it just football? Or do you have a wacky term like kik-a-ball?

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
It’s not bad about like a 12 gauge shotgun. The weight of the gun absorbs the force. And the muzzle brake will catch part of the blast pushing the gun forward.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Good taste as always...

Thank you, my friend. :)

What's Going On? and Pet Sounds are two of my all timers. I hope you are listening to Pet Sounds with head phones.

As often as I can. Have you seen the Brian Wilson movie they made a couple years ago called Love & Mercy? I thought they did a really good job with it.

Somebody gave me Ledbetter Heights as a gift once. The kid sure can play.

He really is something. I saw him live a couple times back in the late 90’s and he absolutely killed it, but then I kind of forgot about him. Just recently revisited his first couple albums and they still hold up very well. Defintiely one of the best guitar players in recent history.

Very relaxing stuff. My wife is also pretty obsessed with him. She doesn’t like to rock out as much as I do, so that’s mostly what we listen to when we’re together

wolfson

May 24, 2013
ND, I want something good. This is for very important competition shooting. The loser might have to wash the dishes. ;)

Hey Wolfy, is Australian Rules Football called that in Australia. Or is it just football? Or do you have a wacky term like kik-a-ball?
this the list Kolchak . AFL is Aussie Rules , NRL is Rugby League , ARU is Rugby Union , A-League is Football ( USA call it Soccer ) :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.