The Random Thought Thread

wolfson

May 24, 2013
i don`t need to go anywhere in the world , i`m so lucky to have everything on my doorstep , i say thanks all the time . whenever i go back home there is always a few tears running down my face from my joy , it`s unreal feeling .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
great game of Football last night . Parramatta flogged Brisbane , yep that`s right i live in Brisbane , i follow the little boys , Gold Coast Titans .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
yep she caught my eye too ZREXMike , i think she is Swiss . a few fireworks happening in the USA , so sad , something to cheer you all up . from tomorrow i can travel anywhere in Queensland , but i can`t go 100 km ( 60 miles ) to my grandkids over the border to Tweed Heads in New South Wales , hopefully soon .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
so i can go about 2,400 km ( about 1,500 miles ) to Cape York , but cant 100 km into NSW , that`s life , i do have a laugh about it . i`ve got itchy feet , i just have to cool my heels . thanks to facetime i get to see all the kiddies . all my hospital visits are back on . stay safe everyone .:cool:
this was at the start which still stands .

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Not that I go to Ikea at any time, surely the worst possible day to go is the first day they reopen, just how is it possible to have a 5 mile queue for a shop - even with it doing a sort of congo/slalom that must take a lot of space. Longest I've had was 15 minutes the first week supermarkets started cleaning trollies before you could get one.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52874615

wolfson

May 24, 2013
bloody hell wilbers , don`t they have online ? the only thing us Aussies might line up for , would be slab of beer from the bottlo hehe !!! stay safe everyone . our tv is full of action from the USA , reminds me of the Vietnam protests :cool:

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
bloody hell wilbers , don`t they have online ? the only thing us Aussies might line up for , would be slab of beer from the bottlo hehe !!! stay safe everyone . our tv is full of action from the USA , reminds me of the Vietnam protests :cool:

We’re having a hell of a time Wolfson. Wish you were here :)

wolfson

May 24, 2013
naildriver , can`t believe it , what we`re seeing on tv . i know things need to change , cops have to trained differently, looting does not work for me , we had the same during our fires . peaceful protest the only way . you also need good leadership . stay safe hopefully it will be resolved peacefully . i have faith , during our coronavirus lockdown , we had federal and state leaders sitting down together with the doctors and unions , they all did a great job , we only had 7,221 infected 103 deaths 6,626 recovered only 4 seriously critical . it worked so well the government has formed a team of state and federal pollies , unions and business to come up with new ideas for the future and wage structuring . if these boofheads can sit together anything is possible . i`m hoping for the best for you all in the USA .:cool:

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
I missed Breaking Bad first time around and watched it a few years ago when they had 5 episodes a week - absolutely fantastic. An acquaintance of mine recommended it the day episode 1 was repeated so was lucky as otherwise I wouldn't have known it was getting repeated like that.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hey boys. So thankful for a successful hip surgery. Turns out reaching down to pick up your hat is NOT worth falling out of your wheelchair and breaking your hip over. Lesson learned. Back home now and healing up nicely thanks to my wife. Hope you're all doing well and staying safe!

UxPUmW0.jpg

wolfson

May 24, 2013
oh my mate , Jeff wishing a speedy recovery . your in great hands , please stay safe . no silly buggers , just listen to the Darling , and you`ll be right . i remember when my Mum fractured her hip , it wasn`t very pleasant for her . well , a laptop or console plus a tv will have to do . hope you can go outside very soon in the beautiful place you live , lots of love .:cool:

Members online

Members online