The Random Thought Thread

wolfson

May 24, 2013
out of all the racing games coming out , Dirt 5 is my No 1 , the last one Dirt 4 , was too much rally which was a shame . looks like their back to the old Dirt series . i`m over the moon at how great it`s looking 2 months out .:cool:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Same here, wolfy. I really like the handling/physics in Dirt 4, but it just doesn't have the fun factor that Dirt 2 had which is probably still my favorite in the series. I love hardcore sim rally games too going all the way back to the first Colin McRae Rally and Richard Burns Rally, but we already have the separate Dirt Rally series, so give us the fun stuff and more Baja trucks and buggies in regular Dirt. This one is looking like quite the treat so far so I'm happy to see Codies going back to this style.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
totally agree Jeff , i thought since they got Dirt Rally and i have both , which are great , i was disappointed with Dirt 4 which didn`t have enough Baja trucks and buggies . they need to separate them like Forza does with Forza Horizon and Forza Motorsport . from what i`ve seen so far of Dirt 5 , it looks fun fun fun all the way . and how are you going Jeff ?:cool:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm doing wonderfully. It's amazing how much difference a few week makes. Thank you for asking. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods too?

wolfson

May 24, 2013
great to hear Jeff , you``ll be ready to go with Dirt 5 , i can`t wait . my son and his family are in complete lockdown in Melbourne , only essential workers can go to work ,they both work in security at the airport . $5,000 fine if you have covid-19 and caught outside . this is on for 6 weeks , and then see what happens . my daughter at Tweed Heads , it`s wait and see . we have to careful with Dad as he`s not the best . that`s life , we take the good with the bad , it`s always a new day tomorrow :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
looks like i`m going to see the kids tomorrow . there closing our borders on saturday again . my Nikki said she`ll pull Jackson out of school and Harvey out of day care , because after this lockdown we don`t know when we`ll see each other . my Stevie and his family are out of the question for a long time as they live in Melbourne , total lockdown . we don`t mind the lockdown as we`re looking after the health of everyone . it`ll probably take Nikki a few hours to get through the border , i hope she`s lucky and gets through quickly . you never know what`s going to happen .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
great morning and afternoon with the kids ;) after saturday`s border lockdown , who knows when we see each other again . first thing the kiddies wanted was Forza Horizon 3 , on the coast where they live . Jackson the eldest was using the controller and Harvey was using the racing wheel which he thought he was driving the cars and utes , it was such fun . we made the most of it . :cool::cool::cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I promised a pic when the new guitar I ordered finally arrived. It showed up at Sweetwater yesterday and they sent me a photo before they packed it back up to ship. So I still haven’t touched it, but it’s on the way. It’s an Epiphone Les Paul Classic in honeyburst finish. Between this and my Tele I should have a wide range of tones covered. Now the shipping wait begins.
It has a lot of cool features. I only wish it had a rosewood fretboard. These new woods they often use today just don’t look as good. Hope Indian laurel feels similar.

50195804577_f32f5b7707.jpg

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
thanks Kolchak , your so right , few and far between . great guitar , i hope you have a great times together .:cool:my Nikki phoned me this morning , if i go into Tweed Heads , when i return i have to go into 2 weeks isolation at my expense , but Nikki is in a bubble , she can go anytime into Coolangatta and i can meet them there , woohoo !!! i`m so happy :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
the bubble on the NSW and QLD border goes about 30 km into each state , anyone living in the bubble can travel anywhere within the bubble . as i live about 70 km outside the bubble , i can travel into the QLD side of the bubble and my Nikki can meet me there . getting pretty clear know . for me it`s great news . we were so worried we were going to be kept apart for ages :cool:

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Message to young people in Preston is "Don't kill granny"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-53706436

Nearest place to me for pinball is Preston, it was still looking a bit iffy trying to have a half-day out there, now it definitely ain't going to happen. I'm not going to Blackpool airshow either because that was cancelled months ago, and Play Expo Blackpool in October hasn't been cancelled yet, but ain't likely to go ahead.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
wilbers , you are in the same boat as us , most of our deaths are in aged care , we have heaps of bans on aged care where your not allowed to visit .i`m in the boat where i look after Dad at home , who is not in best nik , like the other day , my sister my daughter and her 2 kids , no one hugged or kissed Dad and 2 metres apart , we are very careful with him .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
i came across a vid last night . i only had 1 item on my bucket list , The Great Barrier Reef .in 1996 my Mum had a stem cell transplant on 28th of February , i booked the holiday straight away for july for Mum , my kids and me . she came good 2 weeks before we went . we stayed at Daydream Island for a week . we went out to Hardy`s Reef ,we had a great time . we spent the day out there .:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.