The Random Thought Thread

wolfson

May 24, 2013
you guys crack me , I`m laughing . if I step into your shoes I`d call the bat a paddle or an oar . and Portugal just won . I could hear Dad in the kitchen , had a quick look , he was eating , so I`ll hit the sack for a few hours and we`ll go for a walk later .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
just watched Japan vs Argentina 0-0 , but the improvement since the last World Cup is unreal . now for Canada vs Cameroon . the Argentine women were over the moon drawing with the powerful Japanese girls .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I want to pay tribute to Barrie Cassidy , I watched him every sunday morning . he kept it simple and was never a smart arse .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
this where our love of fireworks began , that we have in Basketball and Football . it`s on the island of Chios , between 2 churches .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
fireworks to buy are banned in Australia , but the Greek Orthodox Church is allowed for Greek Easter in Darwin . I remember my mate Mick who was from Darwin , told me the police always use to tell the Priest not too many fireworks , so the Priest would tell everyone in Greek to keep letting off the fireworks . I still smile when I think of Mick .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
good games last night and this morning . NZ just got pipped in extra time , Sweden were solid and the US girls showed why there ranked No.1. I lost another Uncle last night , he had a good innings 96 . my Auntie flew out to Greece to see her brother whose riddled with cancer . life goes on , we just take everything in our stride . I never have a cry when they`ve had a good innings . I only cried twice , once in Murwillumbah when a 13 year old died of cancer and my cousin when she died of leukaemia at 32 years of age . life goes on , cherish each and every day .

wolfson

May 24, 2013
thanks Kolchak , there 11 kids in Mum`s family , 5 left , they all had a long life . the Women`s World Cup has been so good , a lull for 2 days then all the sport starts again .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
just came out . Liverpool F C did this vid . you gotta love a coach when he loves his players and they love him !!!:cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Anyone else have a bad feeling about the US running up the score on Thailand? I really hate to see that happen. The Thailand players looked devastated.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Kolchak , it`s the only way they learn , by playing the best . you do feel for Thailand , but they will learn . just started watching Nigeria vs Korea , 3 games tonight . I thought I`d put these clips on as I got a reminder a few minutes ago .

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
My local MP is starting to become better known. Predictions are he would do well if got to the stage where more people can vote, but unlikely to get through to the last 2 that are selected by Conservative MP's. He does at least have an idea what to do about Brexit.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
fellas don`t worry , you got to play the best . in the 1st World Cup in 1991 Japan 0 vs Sweden 8 , in 2011 Japan were World Cup winners . :cool: and when your playing you don`t take your foot off the pedal . trash is right goal diff matters , but the USA have a great team and I don`t think they need to worry about goal diff . Germany vs Spain been really good , good skills from both sides . wilbers looks like you have just as much fun with your pollies as we do with our boofheads . you have to laugh or you go stupid !!!:cool:

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
I don't think goal differential will be a huge issue for the US team. 8 would have served just as well as 13 imo. I get what you are saying, but I smell bad karma coming their way.

This is comical... so an 8 - 0 drubbing would have been okay, but more than that is humiliating. You know what is humiliating? FIFA allowing countries to qualify that have no business being there. I'm not going to go into all the politics here, but as a coach, you never tell your players to "turn it off." Now that is a sure fire way to reap 'bad karma,' and specifically from the people that actually matter to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.