The Random Thought Thread

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Coronavirus deaths in Australia: 13
Automobile accident deaths in Australia: 300

False Equivalency, but I agree that the media has drastically overblown things and caused a panic that in hindsight will be considered much worse than the virus itself. And now we are seeing "experts" roll back their initial doomsday estimates since no one in the world is seeing 2 million dead by the end of this week. Once this is done will anyone believe the media, "experts" and/or government ever again?

wolfson

May 24, 2013
meanpinball , we`re a a funny bunch here , we have so many disasters that our brains are fine tuned to any disaster that comes along , we follow like sheep . when we had the mass shooting in 1996 at Port Arthur , our Prime Minister brought in new strict gun laws within a month , yep we followed like sheep for the better . amazing no mass shootings since . the police are fining the dipsticks that aern`t following orders . looks like another stimulus package this morning , mainly to help the people that rent and the homeless ,great move that one .

wolfson

May 24, 2013
hey Naildriver the same fella did a quick vid , it shows my walk much better apart from the Kurilpa bridge and all the way to Davies park.:cool:

meanpinball

Mar 16, 2020
There are some positive signs from retailers that the hoarding has passed. At least for now.

Many retailers are rationing, and I doubt that credit lines or storage can allow for indefinite hoarding.

Third, most retailers are barring returns across the board or for specific items which is the logical move for the short term.

My prediction is that retail stock will return to semi-normal levels in 2 to 4 weeks.

Yes, manufacturing is slower, but the number of daily shoppers and the amounts they buy have decreased sharply as well. I am concerned but not unduly alarmed.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
the Hospital phoned me this arvo to let me know my appointment has been called off because of the virus . the doctor will phone me instead . as my GP sends the Hospital all my blood test results to Hospital the Doctor is able to talk me over the phone . i have an echo stress test a week after this appointment which is still on for now . i`ll put this vid on our Prime Minister spoke to us this arvo . let me tell you i dislike this dipstick , but i got to admit the bastard has handled the situation A1, credit to him .
:cool:

ZREXMike2

Oct 22, 2018
have not seen a roll o tail timber on the shelves in a coupla weeks. still have about 3 packs. i guess wash it off in the shower and hope it goes down the drain (ew!). people are such big pussies, hording like it is the end of the world. food not so bad, still a good supply at the store. the gov is out to destroy the economy with all these shutdowns. but let's not talk politics. :)

meanpinball

Mar 16, 2020
A fascinating article showing how even a highly accurate test can generate a huge number of false positives, and hence, a phony "epidemic":

http://healthinsightuk.org/2020/02/12/coronavirus-a-reliable-test-is-badly-needed-we-dont-have-one/

For example, test 10 million (pop of Wuhan), with 99% accuracy

Step 1: 100,000 false positives. This can be used as a declaration of an "epidemic" even though none of the 100,000 are sick or infected.

Step 2: use the most toxic drugs. This kills many more people than any virus.

Step 3: use the deaths from the drugs to declare an even larger epidemic, leading to more tests, more false positives, more toxic drugs, more deaths, etc.

Last edited:

meanpinball

Mar 16, 2020
have not seen a roll o tail timber on the shelves in a coupla weeks. still have about 3 packs. i guess wash it off in the shower and hope it goes down the drain (ew!). people are such big pussies, hording like it is the end of the world. food not so bad, still a good supply at the store. the gov is out to destroy the economy with all these shutdowns. but let's not talk politics. :)

All small business will be destroyed as a result of these shutdowns.

Only the mega retailers will be left standing.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
all numbers are jack s... , no one really knows . the problem to me is hospitals being over run and our front line nurses and doctors catching it and then there out of action = up ships creek without a paddle .i hope there is enough masks , gloves , gowns , ventilators to go around no matter which country your in . health first , economy will bounce back . in Australia unemployment payments $1,100 per fortnight per person for as as it takes , banks stopped loan repayments for at least 6 months , and there doing a package for rentals for housing and business and for something for landlords . should find out next couple of days . testing is a big thing , so we know where all the clusters are . all i can say is stay safe everyone .to me health is the only thing i worry about for everyone .

meanpinball

Mar 16, 2020
Med. workers are treating allmost all hypochondriacs, not real cases.

False positives in and of themselves produce enough numbers for an "epidemic" or "pandemic."

The drugs used to treat are far more toxic than any virus. These deaths are then attributed to viruses but are actually caused by the drugs.

Pharma is a huge scam.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.