The Random Thought Thread

wolfson

May 24, 2013
had a laugh today on my walk , a dipstick jumped off a city cat into the river . coppa came along, asked me what`s going on , i told him dickhead in the water , the coppa shook his head . our river is a breeding ground for the most dangerous shark , the bull shark .it can live in fresh and salt water . another funny thing all shops have put signs on their tables and chairs , not to sit on them . the DNA of Greeks runs through us . their sign outside the Yiros shop read , do not sit here , police come around giving fines . i`ll put a vid how putting the fea of God with all us wogs . wogs in Australian are Greeks , Italians , Turks , Lebanese , Serbs , Croations , Macedonians and a few others .
:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Happy Easter everyone and stay safe , us , the Eastern Orthodox faith celebrate Easter the following week . we follow the Julian calendar , stay home and be safe .:cool:

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
New episode of the alternative version of Taskmaster where everyone can keep socially distanced! (the actual series 10 is coming eventually)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
On a different note, The wife and I have decided to watch or re-watch all the James Bond 007 films starting at the beginning (just finished #8 Live and Let Die 1973). The early 60's and 70's sure were a wacky period in time, and in many ways the Connery flicks are even funnier than the Austin Powers satires.

Okay, I'm now doing this too. EPIX is free on Dish Network right now, and they have every Bond film up to Die Another Day. Just finished #3 Goldfinger, which felt like the first movie to have all the Bond tropes; main title sequence, one liners, the Aston Martin, a visit to Q and lots of gadgets, over complicated evil lair. The opening sequence of this is obviously the inspiration for True Lies' opening bit of infiltration. I'm howling with laughter over the very wonky fighting, the huge amounts of rear screen projection, the technical flubs I've seen like obvious edits mid take, a crew member trying to hunch down below frame but bobbing up and down into it, or the day for night sequences where they didn't frame out the sky or there's a hard shadow on the ground despite it being 'night'. Kinda blown away that these are a 1:66 aspect ratio, wondering (don't tell me!) when they switched over to 2.35 anamorphic. Other than Dr No and Never Say Never Again, I've not seen any of Connery's 007. I'm also keeping in mind what year these were each made in and viewing them as a time capsule. For instance, in Dr No he takes a ride in a cherry '57 Bel Air and of course the classic car geek in me is thinking dollar amounts. Then I realized the movie was made in '61 and these would have been all over the place! Or how the henchmen of Goldfinger are all Korean, which makes sense for a movie that came out in '64.

Anyway, I'm having a good laugh at these but being entertained all the same. Dreading when I have to watch the Dalton films.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm doing this too, and just finished Goldfinger too. It feels like the first Bond film where they realized what they had. Also a significant change in direction, particularly the humor.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Connery was the best , Roger Moore i loved as well because i loved him in The Saint .our Aussie was crap . i like Daniel Graig . new add haha !!! enjoy your Easter and stay safe .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
this clip was done in 10 regional areas of Queensland ,Charleville , Longreach ,Winton , Mt Isa , Port Douglas , Cairns , Mission Beach , Townsville , Mackay and Rockhampton :cool:

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Anyway, I'm having a good laugh at these but being entertained all the same. Dreading when I have to watch the Dalton films.

We just finished with the Roger Moore era and Christopher Walken's performance in A View to a Kill was a nice exclamation point for it. At least there are only two Dalton films, but being mid-way through The Living Daylights, Dalton plays Bond almost too straight and without any humor making this more like a regular action flick. I'm not sure that is either a good or bad thing, just different.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts