The Random Thought Thread

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I watched Face/Off last night, and it’s been years despite me actually owning it. What a 90’s movie! I mean the camera style, score, pacing, so if that era. I love John Woo, but his explosive bullets and slo-mo doves are a bit ridiculous now. And then there’s the whole concept, face swapping, that if you don’t just accept it and ignore the gigantic scientific holes, you’ll never enjoy the rest of the movie. Gotta say though, Travolta and Cage do such a good job of pretending to be each other under the skin. They sell this movie in ways that could’ve ranked it with other actors.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
ZREXMike seen the Grave i`ll watch it again , i`ve got prime . shutyertrap great movie face/off , John Nick did a great job .:cool: great viewing everyone , keep safe .

wolfson

May 24, 2013
just let you know , May the 7 th Microsoft will be streaming live show , hopefully on new XBOX console and new games .:cool:

ZREXMike2

Oct 22, 2018
trap, loved that gunfight scene with the Over The Rainbow-type score going behind it in Faceoff.

Drugstore Cowboy - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097240

this is an award winning film, sorry i just don't see that in it, it wasn't that great. junkies get hassled by the feds, go running around ripping off drugstores, blah, blah, blah. the music sucked too. it did have a coupla nice outdoor scenery shots, not much.

Max Perlich, little part again, played a little puke, unlikeable character. :)

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
ZREXMike watched The Grave after so many years , i forgot about the ending hehe, enjoyed it again , hey restrictions partly lifted i`m allowed to travel a radius of 50 km that`s halfway to the grandkids , getting closer . if we`re good boys and girls more will be lifted . looks like Rugby League will start the end of May , the New Zealand team has been given special permission by border patrol to enter Australia .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
this mornings walk down the Brisbane River , great to see about 5 boaties heading out for some fishing , 2 jet skis mucking around , less people walking and running but plenty of bikers. my street which has 42 households nearly every car and motorbike still here , but weather is a bit nippy last couple of mornings . even i changed my thongs for a pair of runners and chucked a sloppy joe on . slowly getting back to normal . biggest problem at the moment is wether kids should go back fulltime to school , i`ll leave that up to all the boofheads to work it out . stay safe .:cool:

ZREXMike2

Oct 22, 2018
thongs, hehe. they outlawed them on the beach here long time ago. biblethumper nation. :)

Spenser Confidential - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8629748

aw, yeah, boy, now dat's a movie! Walberg strikes again. even got Tom Scholz to let him use a song, which a first for Boston. good tunes in the movie thruout. :)

edit: glad things are loosening up 4 ya Wolfy! :)

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
i like Walberg , should be a good movie . i started watching the Lethal Weapon series , bloody funny , Clayne Crawford and Damon Wayans , great combo !!!:cool: thanks ZREXMike, our boofheads have done a great job , our doctors rule the roost , they explain everything every day so we all know where we are , things are looking good 95 deaths , 6,801 infected , 5,817 recovered , 4 deaths per 1 million , 24,828 tests per 1 million . we`re having weekly national meetings between leaders , doctors , police and unions , so i think each week as long as everyone does the right thing , restrictions will lifted slowly and safely . stay safe .:cool:

ZREXMike2

Oct 22, 2018
Gemini Man - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemini_Man_(film)

very good, the computer gen Will Smith was convincing to me. one fight scene in a murky darkness really did not work, but the rest was good. i think cloning a human has probably already happened somewhere. :)

edit: Killerman - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killerman

looks like this got some mighty poor reviews, but i thought it was good, dirty, gritty crime drama. the ending gave the impression it was based on a true story, but i found no evidence of that. props to Emory Cohen for a standout acting job. :)

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
looks like everyone is busy enjoying the movies and audiobooks , i had a great time on facetime with my blond bomber Jackson , 7 years old today , lucky no school today so he`s home having a great time , their heading to the beach for a few hours . more restrictions should be lifted tomorrow . at our leaders meeting we had Jacinda from New Zealand join in , another great leader . i`ll hop over to the music section shortly , keep safe .

wolfson

May 24, 2013
this is our latest update , a new 3 step plan , our PM and our Doc and then a good Q&A with the reporters . i know it`s a bit long , but good viewing , they`ll be reviewing every 3 weeks and letting us know .:cool: .
hope it all goes well , keep safe .

wolfson

May 24, 2013
just waiting for the football to start from South Korea . it`s the start of the weekend , so time for a bit of fun . i got a clip at what i did for 16 years . a bit of translation , 2 commonly Greek words used in the clip . 1. vlaka = stupid , 2. malaka = wanker .:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.