The Random Thought Thread

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Meanwhile, doing our taxes at the moment, and my wife paid over 10 grand in student loan INTEREST last year. I don’t even want to know how much she’s paid overall, and that’s just the interest. What a ****ed up system.

*weeps uncontrollably*

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
My dad encountered someone today about my age who can't read or write at all. He never even learned how to write his own name. I know there's still some illiteracy in America yet it still amazes me.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Meanwhile, doing our taxes at the moment, and my wife paid over 10 grand in student loan INTEREST last year. I don’t even want to know how much she’s paid overall, and that’s just the interest. What a ****ed up system.

*weeps uncontrollably*
Jeff , the more I learn about USA the more I think your Government is screwing you all . our Government student loans have a very low interest rate . also you don`t start paying back any money until you reach about an income of about $54,000 . most degrees in Australia cost between $5,000- $15,000 a year , overseas students pay a lot more . I feel for you all my friend.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Jeff it`s $42,000 now for when you start paying . doctors , vets and dentistry are roughly the highest cost of degrees , it ranges from total cost of $110,000 - $150,000 and that`s Aust $ .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
our cousins across the ditch in Christchurch NZ have had a mas shootings , 2 Mosques and as it`s Friday , it`s there prayer day . no figures coming out , but there were heaps of ambos taking people to hospital . sadly another brainless day , sad .

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Jeff , the more I learn about USA the more I think your Government is screwing you all . our Government student loans have a very low interest rate . also you don`t start paying back any money until you reach about an income of about $54,000 . most degrees in Australia cost between $5,000- $15,000 a year , overseas students pay a lot more . I feel for you all my friend.

Thank you my friend. These are federal loans too. Her private loans have a much lower interest rate. So yeah, it’s pretty backwards and demoralizing.

Also sad to hear about the shooting.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Hopefully none of the kids rallying for climate change reform got hurt.
Citizen they got the kids in safe places straight away , the lock down was a job well done . I fear that there were a lot that have died , no figures coming out . well I can see more regulations coming our way , that`s to be expected . our love goes to our Kiwi cousins .

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Thank you my friend. These are federal loans too. Her private loans have a much lower interest rate. So yeah, it’s pretty backwards and demoralizing.

Also sad to hear about the shooting.
bloody hell , how much is it costing you guys for the courses ?

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Jeff here if your a student , you receive Austudy which is about $430 a fortnight and you can earn the same amount working part time , if you go over , you start getting a deduction . also if your renting you get about $150 a fortnight for rent assistance . certain things are means tested , this is for a single person . for couples that are studying there are certain allowance . we also have a disability allowance which is $916 a fortnight the same as the pensioners get . also we have the N.D.I.S. ( national disability insurance scheme ) which has packages for your needs . also your scripts for medicine are only $6.50 that are on the PBS , which most are on it . the PBS has drugs from blood pressure tablets to drugs for cancer which are about $350,000.:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
need to put smiles on our dials , so I dug up 2 videos on a little island in Greece Ikaria , the 1st is on the people and 2nd is on a festival they have , enjoy :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
F1 today , so goooood laying back watching it . great respect by all the sporting teams shown to our NZ cousins , well done . now laying back relaxing waiting for the EPL to start . watching my sons Liverpool , I`m hoping they win it this year . anyway it`s between the 2 best sides managed by the best 2 in the game . in a way I really don`t if Manchester City pip Liverpool , because they both play the game the way it should be played. to our Irish brothers and sisters I hope you all had or going to have a great day on the piss and a lot of your beautiful singing !!!:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
well done to our Kiwi cousins , it took them by both sides of Government only 3 days to agree to similar gun laws as us , they beat us by 9 days . I believe they are they handing guns in already . :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
this notorious Black Power gang paid tribute to the fallen in Christchurch by doing the Haka with the Cops next to them . well done .:cool:

Members online

Members online