The Random Thought Thread

wolfson

May 24, 2013
thanks Heretic , we`re a funny mob down under , we love the idea of giving people fair go . we love our sports . our great weather allows us to go outdoors . swim in winter . lucky if we have 40 days of rain a year . you`ll see my front yard when The Commonwealth Games start on the Gold Coast , then you`ll see why I have a smile on my dial everyday !!! my front yard is the beach , my backyard is the Gold Coast Hinterland !!!:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
in other words I live in Gods country !!! :cool: north east of New South Wales and South East Queensland is Gods country !!!:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Biff , Tweed Heads our whole area is called The Tweed Shire . it`s right next door to Coolangatta on the Queensland side , I`m on the New South Wales side :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Biff here`s a good one for you . we celebrate New Years Eve twice. New South Wales has daylight saving and Queensland doesn`t . we watch the fireworks on the N.S.W. side first then we pop over to the QLD side and watch the fireworks for a 2nd time within an hour . how good is that !!!:cool:

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Biff here`s a good one for you . we celebrate New Years Eve twice. New South Wales has daylight saving and Queensland doesn`t . we watch the fireworks on the N.S.W. side first then we pop over to the QLD side and watch the fireworks for a 2nd time within an hour . how good is that !!!:cool:

Nice story, have to tell it to my mom, she spent 6 weeks on the east coast of Australia last year.
Also Brisbane, so not to far away. :)
I thought, only your 'rellies' are in Tweed Heads but you live elsewhere.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Grumpy old man alert.....

I've decided I don't like any Olympic sports with judges. The rest of the world can tear up over figure skating, but I'm out. Ski jump should just be longest jump where your butt or hands don't touch the ground when you land. Cram your style points up your crack.

Refs I will tolerate - or we'd have people cheating at curling etc.

Grumpy old man rant over....

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Nice story, have to tell it to my mom, she spent 6 weeks on the east coast of Australia last year.
Also Brisbane, so not to far away. :)
I thought, only your 'rellies' are in Tweed Heads but you live elsewhere.
Biff I live in Brissie ( Brisbane ) I look after my dad . I don`t rent my place at Tweed Heads , dad and myself pop down whenever feel like . my daughter lives 3km as the crow flies from my place . when my daughter and her family go on holidays dad and me stay at her place so we can look after there 2 dogs and 3 cats .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Grumpy old man alert.....

I've decided I don't like any Olympic sports with judges. The rest of the world can tear up over figure skating, but I'm out. Ski jump should just be longest jump where your butt or hands don't touch the ground when you land. Cram your style points up your crack.

Refs I will tolerate - or we'd have people cheating at curling etc.

Grumpy old man rant over....
Kolchak that`s the only thing that pisses me off . the young USA skater Adam Rippon got ripped off . the other 2 guys both fell . at the time I was watching I said I`d be a monkeys uncle if Adam didn`t win , looks like I`m a monkeys uncle hehe !!!:cool:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Also in the Men's Snowboarding halfpipe qualifiers, it seemed the judges were giving out really high scores (first few guys were all 80-90)...until right after Shawn White went and got like a 93 or whatever it was. Then suddenly runs that would've been 80's or higher before were now 60's. Seems pretty unfair to the guys who had to go after him (felt bad for one of the Koreans especially who had a nice run, but only got like a 50 something), but I think the judges were just overly excited at first or something and then got overly critical after White blew the roof off the place. Hopefully they're more balanced in the finals.

I did miss the 2nd round, so maybe it was more fair.

But either way, hope USA keeps up the dominance in the snowboarding events!

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Question for Wolfy: Does Australia have ski/snowboard resorts or do your boys have to practice overseas? I always imagine the down under as a very hot and arid place, but I suppose that's true for a large portion of California/Utah as well, yet we have some amazing mountain resorts.

edit: google answered my question. looks like you have some kick-arse resorts as well, although the mountains may be a bit smaller, eh? One quote I found said: "While the country may be devoid of any massive peaks hosting chairlifts, they certainly know how to produce world-class halfpipe riders." The last part is definitely true. Scotty James is a beast!

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Also in the Men's Snowboarding halfpipe qualifiers, it seemed the judges were giving out really high scores (first few guys were all 80-90)...until right after Shawn White went and got like a 93 or whatever it was. Then suddenly runs that would've been 80's or higher before were now 60's. Seems pretty unfair to the guys who had to go after him (felt bad for one of the Koreans especially who had a nice run, but only got like a 50 something), but I think the judges were just overly excited at first or something and then got overly critical after White blew the roof off the place. Hopefully they're more balanced in the finals.

I did miss the 2nd round, so maybe it was more fair.

But either way, hope USA keeps up the dominance in the snowboarding events!
Jeff yep the 2nd round old man whitey and the Aussie blew them , and they both still had plenty left in the tank . but you never know , on the day someone might pullout a you beauty !!!:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Question for Wolfy: Does Australia have ski/snowboard resorts or do your boys have to practice overseas? I always imagine the down under as a very hot and arid place, but I suppose that's true for a large portion of California/Utah as well, yet we have some amazing mountain resorts.

edit: google answered my question. looks like you have some kick-arse resorts as well, although the mountains may be a bit smaller, eh? One quote I found said: "While the country may be devoid of any massive peaks hosting chairlifts, they certainly know how to produce world-class halfpipe riders." The last part is definitely true. Scotty James is a beast!
Jeff , you`d be shocked in things we have here . not just snakes , crocs , sharks , deadly spiders !!! the young kids have great world circuits , they travel the world . since they brought youngsters with there boards into the Winter Olympics , they look so good :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I find if you just lay back and watch these kids , and don`t worry which country they come from , and watch how much they enjoy each other , it`s a lesson to people around the world on how to treat each other . I`m so proud of these youngsters . they are a credit to the world !!!:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
first round , old bluey Whitey , he`s still got it !!!! he`s so good !!!! 2 rounds to go , everyone now has to throw down there A game !!!!:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
how good was that ? !!!:cool: credit to all of them . Whitey your a champion !!!! Kimmy is Women`s champion so that`s another double to the USA , well done !!! :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.