The Random Thought Thread

wolfson

May 24, 2013
and more great news , Liverpool have won the EPL . in all my years this side is one of the best teams who play as a team :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
what a great morning for me , i breezed through a two and half hour walk like it was only a ten minute walk . my son was over the moon as he has been a Liverpool fan for about 32 years , boy was he happy !!!:cool:

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Trump is at it again, not getting a license to use a Rolling Stones song, and then using another Rolling Stones song - could get sued for it. Alternatively the broadcasters could just cut out any part of his rallies that have music in it, but that ain't going to happen unless the Stones get a court order mandating it!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53208593

That isn't how licensing works, and BMI, who is the publisher knows this. All political campaigns (and every single user of the venue) have access to and use the mechanical license that is paid for by the venue and these are blanket licenses that include all songs that BMI, ASCAP and SESAC manage publishing rights for, which is just about 80% of all musical works. Once a work is published, the original author and/or performer relinquish control over certain aspects of licensing. This probably has more to do with the Stones releasing a new single a couple months ago and wanting to be relevant in the news for another minute.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
why doesn`t the orange clown get a song from America , he keeps dribbling on about making America great again .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Why did the Rolling Stones appropriate American black culture? And why does each country of the world hang onto everything America does? Maybe Rammstein best sums it up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr8ljRgcJNM
because America usually leads the rest of the world , but now we have a cry baby bunker boy who spits out his dummy at every critical point . we want the normal leadership to return to America , it`s not hard :cool:

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
because America usually leads the rest of the world , but now we have a cry baby bunker boy who spits out his dummy at every critical point . we want the normal leadership to return to America , it`s not hard :cool:

Do you really want the US to continue dictating global agenda?

You are unfamiliar with how America operates. The normal leadership is still in place and has been since the end of World War II, and what you are seeing is a very visible (kubuki theater) internal power struggle between less global footprint (Trump) and more global footprint (basically 98% of the government). All while there is a serious worldwide financial problem brewing within the foundation of the US backed petrol dollar in which there are three sides currently competing to be the next market maker.

Don't get distracted by Trump's antics, even though that is exactly what he is there for... but you would probably **** yourself if the news ignored Trump and reported truthfully about what is really going on. It is going to be a very interesting '20s.

Last edited:

ZREXMike2

Oct 22, 2018
trash, interested in hearing about the petrol dollar crisis.

The Punisher - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5675620 - finishing this series up, too bad is only 2 seasons, pretty good, bloody. :)

Rich Man, Poor Man - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074048/ - found this one, started rewatching. loved it as a kid, kinda campy old fashioned seeming now. still good tho. :)

Part 1: good boy Rudy goes to college while bad boy Tom goes to live with an uncle. Tom lets his tough guy persona slip with a few tears. :)

Last edited:

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
trash, interested in hearing about the petrol dollar crisis.

The world has three competing "global" currencies and each are manipulated by various means. The EU manipulates via manufactured population expansion emulating growth. The US and OPEC manipulates via manufactured commodity scarcity. The PRoC manipulates directly via two currencies (internal RMB and external CNY) and indirectly by sequestration of the global rare earth market. And while everyone plays in each of these baskets with varied success, the PRoC has rapidly expanded their influence/control into Africa and Eurasia/Oceania (including Australia/New Zealand), while Russia and the US are still dickering over pipeline control from the ME to Germany and are trying to not so gracefully re-position for the next hot point. Bottom line with the petro-dollar is we have way too much oil, and the world is realizing there is a limitless supply and it has become increasingly difficult to manufacture the necessary supply and demand ratios that will allow the global energy market to exist. This is a huge problem for much of the ME, Russia (and Norway) and a large chuck of the US, but will ultimately be especially problematic for those that hold US denominated debt.

I guess we'll have to wait and see just how committed everyone is to this charade.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
on a brighter note , find out today about crossing the border into NSW . my daughter said they will let me in and they will get me an exemption pass to get home . looking at about the next 2 weeks hopefully to see the kiddies !!! how about our new ads .:cool: my 2 homes Brisbane and the Gold Coast .

ZREXMike2

Oct 22, 2018
thanks trash, i'll take that bottom line, the rest is obviously quite complex.

Wolfy, happy for you on getting to see the grandkids. :)

edit: Rich Man, Poor Man

part 2: plenty of heartbreak, philandry, unplanned pregnancy, etc. Tom has his first scene (reprised later in "Down And Out In Beverly Hills") of illicit love with the maid. :)

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
i can go to Tweed Heads anytime i want , just have to get a travel pass to get back in WOOHOO , just have to work out what date suits everyone . thanks ZREXMike :cool:

ZREXMike2

Oct 22, 2018
Rich Man, Poor Man

part 4:Rudy gets to the edge of being rich and successful, winds up heartbroken, Tom's old fatassed whore of wife leaves him. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.