The Random Thought Thread

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Oh, the typical Representative (= MP) in the States has a two-year term.

In theory, great, they have to keep on their toes!

In practice, it means as soon as they're elected, they have to start work on getting re-elected, instead of doing what we elected them to do, and pay them for (via our taxes).

Of course, it helps if they have a friendly State legislature to draw the election boundaries for them, so they can safely assume they'll always win re-election without having to try hard or spend much cash because anyone who wouldn't vote for them is in another district. (Welcome to Pennsylvania. Google "Pennsylvania 7th district" for sh1ts and giggles.)

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
thanks everyone , I`m more informed now :cool: our local govt. , state govt, , federal govt. all compulsory , always on a Saturday with a sausage sizzle !!! we get fined if we don`t vote . all paper voting no machines . :cool:

Fined if you don’t vote. I never would have thought that would happen.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Great news I forgot !!! Burnout Paradise Remastered out this week , pre ordered . I use to have so much fun on the original , I just love open world racing games , this one and all 3 Forza Horizon games are my faves !!!:cool:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Burnout is about the only racing game I would consider buying. So much fun smashing up cars and watching the $$$ ring up!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Burnout Paradise was really fun. I only got a chance to play it a couple times, so maybe i should revisit it.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Yeah i got a copy of it somehere to play with holly but inguess we never got around to it, we should all make an evening off it and do the nerdiest version of fast and furious

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Fined if you don’t vote. I never would have thought that would happen.
Naildriver , we have heaps of regulations . today the Royal Commission started on those dipstick Banks . we just finished the Royal Commission on institution molesting children . the Govt. and those religious pricks have to pay $150,000 to each person that was molested . as per usual you have to drag the Catholic Church by the ear . one Jewish headmistress hightailed it to Israel . the bastards won`t send her back .

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah i got a copy of it somehere to play with holly but inguess we never got around to it, we should all make an evening off it and do the nerdiest version of fast and furious

I'm more of a Smokey and The Bandit kind of guy. I can also be The Stig from Top Gear if needed.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
the Surfing World Titles have started at Snapper Rocks , that is right on the border of Coolangatta and Tweed Heads , my front yard . if you get a chance have a look to see what I love !!!!:cool: we have 3 World Surfing Champions from the Tweed Coolangatta area , Steph Happy Gilmore , Mick Fanning and Joel Parkinson !!!:cool:

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Farewell Professor Hawking. All the best in your parallel Universe!
Miss You so much. 1 Zillion Thanks for your Inspiration, your bravery and unique sense of humor.

"Life would be tragic, if it weren't so funny"

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
First read a breif history of time after watching star trek tng reruns and trying to figure iut voice synth....i was onky about 12 but shows you what an accesible read it is and was to even a kid

Besides...what a poser! Its pi day if you usthe north american calender

Edit - its also a day to celebrate the dude with the whacky hair and tash, whatshisname randy old bugger that thought gravity curved space, bit of a dirty old git by all accounts too

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.