The Random Thought Thread

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Lockdowns do not prevent virus transmission. Wearing a mask (in the manner that 99% of the general public does) will not prevent virus transmission. The virus will continue to spread until there is no one left to spread it to, period. The virus doesn't respect dates, borders and/or politics. It will run it's course, period. These "new" strains of coronavirus (of which there are 100s and also cause the common cold, childhood asthma, etc.) are not appreciably different than any other strain of the "COVID-19" causing strains. If you have any condition that makes you more susceptible to a respiratory illness like pneumonia, get the the vaccine ASAP. If you have concerns about asymptomatic transmission (90% of all transmissions), then you should get tested as often as you can and keep yourself in quarantine (regardless of test results since they are only 70% accurate on average) until you can get the vaccine, or until it has been confirmed that there is no more appreciable active transmission occurring (maybe mid-2022).

Just like the 1918 Spanish Flu strain (H1N1) continues to be active and is incorporated into the seasonal Influenza vaccine, the coronavirus vaccine will be a similar seasonal concern for the foreseeable future.

Stay Safe, but Live Life!

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
That is a very low number. Here in the UK its been more than that in a single day this week. Questions are being asked if the current lockdown rules are sufficient or if they need to be deepened (the answer is currently unclear, and its a bit of a risk waiting to find out).
At least you can't take a ham sandwich to Europe any more. There's progress for you.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Australia 909 deaths , New Zealand 25 deaths , UK 83,203 deaths , USA 380,000 deaths , i wonder which countries listened to the doctors over covid-19, keep your distance , wear your mask , and wash your hands , stay safe .:cool:

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Australia 909 deaths , New Zealand 25 deaths , UK 83,203 deaths , USA 380,000 deaths , i wonder which countries listened to the doctors over covid-19, keep your distance , wear your mask , and wash your hands , stay safe .:cool:

I'd be terrified to live in Australia. Getting COVID there is a literal, comparative death sentence.

Australia has a 3.17 percent death rate and the UK has a 2.62 percent death rate, while the USA has a death rate of 1.66 percent and New Zealand has death rate of 1.12 percent. Could it be that New Zealand having so few people and is an isolated island be contributing to the lowest death rate? I guess the US of A continues to have the best healthcare in the world based on these numbers while factoring in that there are more than 382 million people living there, and outside of NY and California, there hasn't ever been a complete lockdown.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I'd be terrified to live in Australia. Getting COVID there is a literal, comparative death sentence.

Australia has a 3.17 percent death rate and the UK has a 2.62 percent death rate, while the USA has a death rate of 1.66 percent and New Zealand has death rate of 1.12 percent. Could it be that New Zealand having so few people and is an isolated island be contributing to the lowest death rate? I guess the US of A continues to have the best healthcare in the world based on these numbers while factoring in that there are more than 382 million people living there, and outside of NY and California, there hasn't ever been a complete lockdown.

what bloody world do you live , get in the real world and give all your rubbish conspiracies a big miss . your death rate is 1,173 per 1 million people in the USA , UK is 1,222 per 1 million people , Australia is 35 per 1 million people and New Zealand is 5 per 1 million people . :cool:

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
what bloody world do you live , get in the real world and give all your rubbish conspiracies a big miss . your death rate is 1,173 per 1 million people in the USA , UK is 1,222 per 1 million people , Australia is 35 per 1 million people and New Zealand is 5 per 1 million people . :cool:

I live in a world that appreciates reading comprehension. If you weren't blinded by your ignorance, racism and classism (interesting post history you have making disparaging comments about Mexicans and other minorities), you may have noticed that I said GETTING Covid-19 in Australia is a literal, comparative death sentence compared to the US. In fact you are almost TWICE as likely to die in Australia from a Covid-19 infection than you are in America.

Australia has 28,364 tested and confirmed cases and 909 deaths
USA has 22,900,000 tested and confirmed cases and 381,000 deaths

You see how factual numbers and statistics can be presented (no conspiracy) to further a narrative? Of course you do since you do it with your own posts. I get that you think Australia is the be all end all and you like to take a **** on America (and generally any people that you think are not like you) in your attempts to prove a point and make yourself feel better.

The youtube links you post show an interesting roadmap of your thinking...

p.s. it is cute to see you now parroting my initial (early 2020) posts regarding how death rates should actually be calculated.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
no one tests covid by infections to deaths [redacted stuff]
from Australia it looks like your leaders couldn`t run a chook raffle , covid out of control , people attacking the capital like boofheads . :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
no one tests covid by infections to deaths , your such a dill , from Australia it looks like your leaders couldn`t run a chook raffle , covid out of control , people attacking the capital like boofheads . :cool:

Literally you did this. Numerous times back when that metric suited your narrative.

People (including some fools) "attacking" the Capital is exactly what happens when a country's leadership has been mostly useless for the past 30 years. Is it better to attack the government and destroy government property when you feel the government has wronged you, or should you attack privately owned businesses and destroy personal property (like the Antifa/BLM riots) when you feel that the government and government controlled entities (police) have wronged you? In America, the government is supposed to be of the people and by the people, but this hasn't really been the case for a very long time and many citizens are fed up.

This is what happens with an effectively two party system (much like yours in Australia) that has alienated (with the help of social and news media) about 50% of the population. And sadly, this is just a predicted and necessary outcome due to how the system uses activism and rebellion. Hopefully, we see some stabilization and unification in the near future that isn't a result of something even more distracting, like war.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
[Redacted a pile of stuff that breached forum rules]
I see you come from Ted Cruz country , say no more . :cool:

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
dipstick , stop flogging your log , and get a couple of chill pills before your overworked brain melts into the gutter . i see you come from Ted Cruz country , say no more . :cool:

It is pretty sad to see you continue to resort to name calling and ad hominems since you obviously have nothing of worth to support your argument.

Ted Cruz comes from Canada. But you don't care about facts...

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Ted Cruz is your senator from Texas ,do everyone the favour and keep your conspiracies to yourself . America sadly is in a bad way because the orange clown the king of bankruptcies and [nope redacted]

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Ted Cruz is your senator from Texas ,do everyone the favour and keep your conspiracy s... to yourself . America sadly is in a ****house position because the orange clown the king of bankruptcies and bulls... artist like yourself . the sooner the orange clown goes the sooner America hopefully gets back to normal .

Should I assume that everything you don't understand will from now on be referred to as a "conspiracy?" Bankruptcy, like the kind that Trump companies (He has never filed personal banckruptcy) have used is a viable business maneuver and doesn't mean what I think you think it means. But then, you don't understand business, so I guess you will chalk this up as another conspiracy and continue to throw a tantrum. Its a lot like the US debt, most people (and 99% of Republicans) think it is a bad thing, but most people don't understand economics nor how the value of the US dollar is maintained.

While Ted Cruz is one of the current senators representing Texas, he is not from Texas. He is a Harvard educated, Canadian-born son of a Cuban revolutionary that opposed the communist Castro regime. You see wolfson, most things in life have more nuance than whatever click-bait headline or talking point you decide to regurgitate. You know, Texas has more than 29 million people living within it's borders which is more than the whole population of Australia. Should I point out some wingnut in your country and suggest that you are a wanker simply from guilt by association (with 25+ million other people)? Do you see how childish you are?

America has been "back to normal" this whole time, and has been since it's founding. The pendulum swings, **** happens, and most Americans just roll with the punches and get on with their lives. But you have proven time and time again that you honestly know absolutely nothing about America except from what has been forced fed to you by your Youtube recommended playlist. You are predictable and quite comical in a depressive sort of way. Its too bad that the front page here shows the "random thoughts" thread, since it is usually just you posting link after link to random BS that no one ever responds to, while dumping worthwhile and relevant posts to the basement. The only BS artist here is you, wolfson. You post derisive and inane drivel that would normally be associated with a 12 yr old and when you are called out on it, you call names, make ad hominem attacks and drop aussie slang like a drunken tough guy. But not once have you ever made a salient point. Are you capable of putting one in the win column, wolfson?

edit just to add a couple facts about Texas. Houston, Texas is America's fourth largest city and is considered to be one of the most ethnically diverse cities in the entire world. Austin, Texas (our capital) has always been one of the most liberal cities in the country (Keep Austin Weird) and a world class live music destination (before COVID). San Antonio, Texas is the seventh largest city in the country and has a majority Hispanic population. The Dallas / Fort Worth metro area (with almost 8 million people) has one the largest and most celebrated LGBT communities in the entire country. The list goes on... Texas is a wonderful, diverse, liberal, conservative, modern, rural, freedom loving paradise for ALL. Plus we have the best BBQ and no state income tax... and we were even our own Country, the Republic of Texas. Remember the Alamo and remember Goliad!

Last edited:

Members online

Members online