The Random Thought Thread

meanpinball

Mar 16, 2020
I may have to revise estimates as to when stocks will normalize.

People can utilize closet space, garage space, attic space, even bedroom and living room space to store foodstuffs and supplies. I wouldn't be surprised if some hoarders stocked up for a year or longer. Our normal stock is a couple months at least so hoarders probably stocked up at least 6 months.

This means many customers bought triple or quadruple their usual purchases in the past 2 to 3 weeks.

We're good for a few months, but it's still annoying AF!

meanpinball

Mar 16, 2020
Mainstream media claims there is little reason to be worried about supply chains.

This leads me to believe there are in fact SIGNIFICANT problems with supply chains.

There will be shortages for the next couple of months, at least. It won't be impossible to find goods, but for those who didn't hoard the most popular products, it means checking far more often, and paying for brands you wouldn't normally buy. This is going to cost more money and more time.

I just can't see myself being generous to others in the future considering their. behavior today.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
im lucky Naildriver , what your looking at use to be the industrial area of Brisbane , at the beach was the fish markets and wharves . that`s why a lot of Greeks , Italians , Croatians , Serbs and Russian ended up in the suburbs near the river my suburb Highgate Hill , West End , Hill End , South Brisbane , Woolloongabba , Dutton Park , Rocklea . everyone could walk to work or catch a tram in the early days . since we had Expo in 1988 the river changed completely . most factories moved to areas in the outer suburbs . i think there are only 3 factories left . all units have been put in there places .when growing up we never had any fear going to school . there were so many Greeks in our suburbs and we new where every Greek lived . most mothers were at home in those days . my mother use to tell us , any trouble , knock on the door of one the Thea`s ( Aunty ) we were taught to respect our elders and we were told to call them Aunty and Uncle or you copped the koutala ( wooden spoon ):cool: ps i love the countryside .

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Mainstream media claims there is little reason to be worried about supply chains.

This leads me to believe there are in fact SIGNIFICANT problems with supply chains.

There will be shortages for the next couple of months, at least. It won't be impossible to find goods, but for those who didn't hoard the most popular products, it means checking far more often, and paying for brands you wouldn't normally buy. This is going to cost more money and more time.

I just can't see myself being generous to others in the future considering their. behavior today.
yes you will , s... happening brings us together no matter where you live . the stores around me are back to normal .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
my son was very sad for his mates at the Melbourne airport where he and his wife work in security . 80 % have been put off , my son is lucky he just had his hours cut , his wife is fine , she`s in a high position . this life at the moment , things will come good .

meanpinball

Mar 16, 2020
I've literally never seen people this afraid and reacting as stupidly as they have over the past 3 weeks.

I'm sure all of you have heard of Orson Welles' War of the Worlds. My understanding is that broadcast caused a mild panic with some significant minority of people actually believing it was real. In retrospect, I thought it completely outlandish that even a single, sane, rational adult could believe that was real.

Same thing with this b.s. How does an adult of normal intelligence who is not clinically insane actually believe this tripe?

wolfson

May 24, 2013
here`s a funny one , 2 Greek sisters turned an old island song into a coronavirus song , Dari , Dari .they did a good job . have a look what`s on their table
:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
hospital just phoned me , my echo stress test is off on the 14th . it`ll done after the virus clears . that`s life . Natalie told me to keep the walking and exercises going .:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.