PS3 - Bug Balls not locking... (bug I think)

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
I don't know if this is a bug, or just a problem with how the table is built. Balls will frequently not lock for some reason, especially when the ball goes under the ramp with some speed. On the left lock, the game will act like the ball went into the putting green hole and will be returned at the pop bumpers ( this one is more frequent). On the right lock (which bugs less frequently), the ball will feed to the upper flipper, just how it does during multiball. Sometimes I will hit up to three consecutive shots into the left lock without the ball actually registering a lock.

Regardless, this table is awesome, I have been playing little else recently!

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I've had that too, not sure if it's a bug or how the table is supposed to work. Reading the rulesheet from ipdb.org, it sounds like shooting under the ramps *is* supposed to feed out sometimes; so maybe that's just what's supposed to happen when the ball doesn't quite hit into the lock mechanism squarely.

Apr 8, 2012
I just finished playing this table a lot in the past two days in order to finish the wizard goals and I noticed this problem frequently. I can understand a shot not always locking, that's how pinball works in real life, but I had times where 7 or 8 shots in a row would not lock. It was especially bad on the right ramp.

Apr 8, 2012
This can happen on the real table too.

I've never had a chance to play it IRL. I can certainly believe it though. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I almost always try to hit the right lock with a backhand shot? It could just be that when the ball comes in at that angle it's less likely to lock.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.