Bug 10 Billion Point Rollover

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
If you have scored 10,000,000,010 points, you scored 10 for your personal leaderboard.
I wish my score of 32.8bil would stick.

Taht wasnt really my question, I know my score would be 10 for my highscore list, the quetion I'm asking is: will that 10 register as "10" on my highscore list (most likely on top) or not at all because"10" is too low to beat the number 5 on thigh highscore list.

The term "personal leaderboard" confuses me. Are you talking about the offline Highscore List or the online leaderboard. your 32.8 bil would stick on the online one now after the patch, but not the offline.

WilliamPorygon

Apr 21, 2012
It wouldn't go on your high score list at all. When the score rolls over, the ROM more or less subtracts the amount of points needed to roll the score. As far as the programming is concerned, a score of 1,000,000,010 would be recorded exactly the same as a score of 10, or any other score of x,000,000,010.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
On my copy (US, 360), with the current version of PA it saves the wrapped-around score to the local high scores, but the correct score to the online leaderboard. So let's say I score 12 billion on Theatre of Magic. My local high score table will only show 2 billion, but the full 12 billion gets saved to the leaderboard online. Bride of Pinbot does the same thing with scores over 10 billion. Have you checked the leaderboard to be sure?

So does RBION, they rolled over after 10billion, but the score was recorded online. Score was 11.7 billion and not recorded on my personal score because that was a 1.7 billion for my 5 best that was not enough. Got a little pissed, but then i checked on the boards, and sure I was there. Tha was enough for me.

Last edited:

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I just got 20.1 Bil. I actually had 19,98 Bil when the ball drained. In hindsight I should have tilted it but I really didn't think this would happen. Got no high-score, no PHOF-points, nothing...my 2nd best was 7.4 B so that kinda sucks!

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Managed to get 9.6 B soon thereafter but tried actively to keep myself under 10B. Is this bug constant? I mean, is it simply impossible to get a score over 10B registered? How about PHOF-points?

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I had some heartbreak too, just scored 16B but my highscore list already had a 7B+ as lowest score, so my score didn't trigger the input initials screen.... Arggghhhhh!

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I see this still is not fixed. Thanks TPA, just banged out 11B during the Pittsburgh Penguin game and nada, no thank you on the HOF points. Sad, very sad.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
I've played a 55B game today that came as 15B only. Anyone know a secure way to count higher scores? I can't find a solution in this thread. Is it safe to never rollover with a large bonus or a score >1B like in CftBL?

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I never had rollover problems on TOM. Pretty sure it's the same as other tables, make sure you roll past each 10B mark with a small score. I'm pretty sure that bonus is the only score element high enough to possibly cause it on TOM.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
I'm pretty sure that bonus is the only score element high enough to possibly cause it on TOM.

You're right with the bonus. There's an exploit similar to TAF and sometimes the bonus total reach more than 9B. Solution is it to tilt every bonus or never get a Bonus X which isn't easy in a longer ball time. I've played another 117B game with success.

Members online

Members online