Poor quality graphics in Ps Vita

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
So how are you making screenshots that clear? Is there a screenshot function I need to know about ?

But let me support you in this thread fellow PSVita guys. The transparencies on TPA are non-existent , if the PS3 had issues with the art team not coming through with but unpolished textures and quickie model renders , the PSVita team is guilty of using models with a quick overlay , which from my modding map days was what guys showed as unfinished work in progress models , they would show to give us a idea how it's coming together , but told us they would add better details and shaders later . FS is getting pretty good acclaim with the TPA and quite a reputation that can't be good for business along with the good. One cant help think that the crossbuy thing is affecting their judgement on what is acceptable for release . Some folks are paying their $4.99 and getting only one version , and FarSight owes them better quality than to do a quick art render model with no depth , transparency , or details. You do very nice renders on the mobile devices , that's not what we deserve too? In your defense the tables on Vita play better than the PS3 tables most of the time , but really , stop taking so many shortcuts on Vita , we've seen it do better with Zen 2 Pinball , and your way better than that.

Last edited:

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
So how are you making screenshots that clear? Is there a screenshot function I need to know about ?

The PSVita has a native screenshot function. If you press the Home and Start button at the same time it will take a screenshot (accompanied by a shutter sound) and save it to the pictures folder in the system. I just transfer them over to my PC and upload them as they are.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
The PSVita has a native screenshot function. If you press the Home and Start button at the same time it will take a screenshot (accompanied by a shutter sound) and save it to the pictures folder in the system. I just transfer them over to my PC and upload them as they are.

Now that is information I can use THANK YOU !

Gabe Logan

Feb 7, 2013
Hi, I posted this already at the Twilight Zone/ PSVita Thread, but maybe that's the better threat for this matter.

Has anyone tried Scared Stiff already?

As far as I can judge it, it's been the worst till now, as it has not only the problems with the graphics, also I experienced kinds of slowdowns from the balls which reminded me on tables from the Gottlieb PSP Collections. These slowdowns were only slight, not really comparable with these from for example PSP Victory, but still, the ball was moving slower and not behaving like real physics like the other tables.

I still think because of the shoulder buttons and the direct response of the flippers, the PSVita offers the best pinball experience of a simulation ever, so I'm glad FarSight continues to release tables. Still, as mentioned above, Scared Stiff was also a Pro Table and I expect at least a product without slowdowns and grapics where I can see whats happening in the game (for example that the signs are readable on the table).

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
knfcM7k.jpg

OWfnlUZ.jpg

GSU8NO1.jpg

UdIAKrb.jpg

Sure wish they would get some help , we know the PSVita is capable of more , but this is what they call acceptable .Or worse this is the best they can come up with it.

Looking at the screenshots my PSVita took, the graphics are exactly like a PC game with all graphic card options set to lowest settings , no smoothing, no light maps , no shadowing, ULTRA LOW , or like how it looks when you play a PC game with no graphic card installed and its using a motherboard processor to run graphics .

Last edited:

djwille

Apr 2, 2012
FARSIGHT i hope you read this thread because i'm also dissapointed about the graphics. I have bought it on al my mobile (android), Ipad and my PS3 and Vita and i'm very sad about the PSVita version.
It's for me the best version to play because i like the buttons instead of touch screen. I also hope you can explane why the graphics are so poor on the PSVita version.

Greetingzzz

Djwille

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I honestly don't think this is a case of the Vita being unable to support higher quality textures and models either since the launch tables like RBION (pictured below) look fantastic. Can we please get an explanation about why the tables look so bad?

4cPYjhQ.jpg

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
They aren't using Graphic Acceleration . In other words the game is running the graphic engine with nothing but the raw power of the CPU to render graphics , when they do the "polish" update patches thats when they add the graphics processor function and it looks quite nice , with fancy shadows and graduations of colors and lighting effects. Why they are shipping tables that are in this state of production , one can only assume it's a quota thing , where they are being given tight deadlines and bonuses for finishing fast . If so, that **** needs to stop.

If you ever saw a videogame on PC with the graphics driver shut off , it's very similiar , graphically , all the detail and colors are extremely drab and none of the models have anti aliasing or shadows .

Last edited:

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
so does TPA automatically adjust the textures and GPX quality based on the device spec?

my take on the bottom line is:

+ TPA spread across too many platforms
+ TPA team is too small
+ releases have to be monthly in order to generate income for salaries
+ TPA ROM emulation engine is CPU intensive.
+ porting the xbox 360 build to other platforms is inefficient. (but given limited team resources no other choice).

options

-refactor code for easier porting
- increase size of team
- improve ROM emulation efficiency
- drop support for certain devices.
- carry on as we are and rely on patience of community.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Sinistar, is this how it actually looks or is your capture card screwed up? Are the textures seriously that low resolution?

Like I made a joke in another thread and said this is Dreamcast level... I had to change the joke, because quite frankly those textures and geometry are embarassing by DC standards.. Changed the joke to Nintendo 64 lol.

What in the world is going on. It should look quite a bit better than the iPhone version... Yet it looks quite a bit worse. This sucks as someone who is interested in vita.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I honestly don't think this is a case of the Vita being unable to support higher quality textures and models either since the launch tables like RBION (pictured below) look fantastic. Can we please get an explanation about why the tables look so bad?

4cPYjhQ.jpg

This looks quite a bit better. However, it's still so... Inconsistent. Some of the geometry in the back looks great and of high quality, but the main texture for the play field is still a muddy mess. Absolutely no excuse, for a platform as capable as vita, we should be getting results that smoke the iPhone.

I think the issue could be, down porting from console code. Bad idea. What they should be doing is up-porting from mobile code, and adding some extra lighting, higher geometry and polish where needed.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts