Poor quality graphics in Ps Vita

Agujose

Aug 10, 2012
I downloaded the pack 5 (Taxi + Harley Davidson) for PS Vita (Europe). Tables I love, but I'm very disappointed with the graphics quality. A week ago I have an ipad, and the quality is much higher than the Ps Vita.
In Ps Vita, the textures are blurry, not in detail, in my ipad everything looks crisp details, like a new table. The PS Vita looks like a recycled table had done quickly.

I do not understand these differences in quality.
regards

djwille

Apr 2, 2012
i agree with you. the only positive about the new pack is the overall speed of the game.
i hope the grafics will be better when they release a fix for all tables. gameplay wise i play it more then on my ipad. i like playing with butons.

Agujose

Aug 10, 2012
Same happens to me. I love the graphics and screen size ipad, but change much the feeling of playing with physical buttons to touch the screen with your fingers.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Hopefully the Vita version will get a full graphical overhaul. It can't be a hardware issue, I've seen the game run on phones with lower specs and still look better.

squidlr

Feb 28, 2012
Hopefully the Vita version will get a full graphical overhaul. It can't be a hardware issue, I've seen the game run on phones with lower specs and still look better.

Same goes for the Mac game. We are stuck with low resolution graphics - Farsight promised a graphics overhaul but have not delivered. If the game has not sold in large numbers, don't hold your breath waiting for an update. I'd like to be proven wrong, but once the game is up and running, they aren't really motivated to improve it unless it's selling big.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
After seeing what the system is capable of with the new Need for Speed game, TPA is not using the system to its full potential. This fact coupled with the massive number of graphical bugs like the lack of transparency on BoP and the grid like seams seen on the playfields of several tables really does bring down the overall graphical quality of the game. I do agree that the tables look like they have been recycled and some of them even play like it too.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Yes, it doesn't look very good. It also seems that Taxi also has the seamed-tiles graphics issue as well.

Honestly Farsight has done a half-assed job with the Vita version since day one. It is fairly obvious at this point that they really don't care to much about the quality of their work or the end-user experience of this version. They seem perfectly content to keep it as a poor port job and not to fix it at all.

And really shame on me for continuing to support them, contributing to their kickstarter and for continuing to buy these packs, hoping with each one that we will finally see the fixes it needs... only to see it actually get worse at times.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Yes, it doesn't look very good. It also seems that Taxi also has the seamed-tiles graphics issue as well.

Honestly Farsight has done a half-assed job with the Vita version since day one. It is fairly obvious at this point that they really don't care to much about the quality of their work or the end-user experience of this version. They seem perfectly content to keep it as a poor port job and not to fix it at all.

And really shame on me for continuing to support them, contributing to their kickstarter and for continuing to buy these packs, hoping with each one that we will finally see the fixes it needs... only to see it actually get worse at times.

The worst part is the most of the tables are in a playable enough state that you can see the massive potential the game has. Honestly, all the PSVita version of this game needs is a really thorough refining of the graphical elements as well as the removal of the bugs and inconsistencies. Please, if any members of the FS staff are reading this just make a post recognizing that there are problems with the game and I am sure most of us will be content. It is really disheartening to see so much interaction with the fans on all of the other systems, including ones where the game hasn't been released yet, but absolutely zero contact with the people in the PSVita section who are reporting legitimate problems.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I will try to document all of the graphical problems I have noticed in the game accompanied by screenshots showing them as best I can. All screenshots have been taken on the PSVita and are a good representation of what is actually being seen when you play the game. If a table is not included, then I did not find any issues that quickly stood out. I cannot provide any analysis of tables in DLC 5 since I have yet to purchase it and probably won't for a while.

Art on backbox is mirrored.

The word 'FOR' has been repeated on the instruction cards.

Black Hole - Image Coming Soon

The credits and balls remaining displays on the apron are missing.

Art on backbox is mirrored.

Last edited:

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012

Mini-playfield in the upper right corner is not transparent.
Two-path ramp on right side is not transparent which completely blocks all view of the right lanes as well as the lights above them; this is detrimental to the gameplay.
The artwork on the shuttle ramp is either missing or terrible stretched.

Flippers are too far apart and do not line up with the holes in the PF.

Playfield has the stitched together look with obvious seams.

Shadows cast by flippers do not move when the flippers are activated.
Main ramp is not transparent as it is intended to be.
Decals on neon ramp is missing.
Lightbulbs under inlane/outlane guide are not rendered.
Wire ramp on the left side is missing all of the semi-circle rings.
Support wires for lightning bolt plastics along left side are missing resulting in floating plastics.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012

Another case of lines dividing the playfield up into squares.

Section of the ramp after being diverted is clearly missing, but still results in functional play.
Half-circle rings are missing from all wire ramps.
Full-circle rings are missing from the wire ramp leading into whirlpool.

Spin-Out decal lacks transparency and is just a big black rectangle.
Playfield has the checkerboard seams just like plenty of other tables.
Ramps are not transparent.

Last edited:

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Since I am only allowed 4 images per post, I would just like to reserve this space for future expansion through editing this message.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Here's some Taxi for you:

Seems like the most of the PHOF tables have the stitching issue. There's some blurry textures as you can see. And it looks like the flippers don't exactly line up with the "holes", but I don't think that's a major issue.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Unfortunately most of these problems have been present on the PS3 version as well.

I posted about the backwards artwork on the PS3 a few months and Farsight still hasn't commented on that (That I've seen anyway).
I wouldn't expect any artwork or graphics fixes any time soon. They said this isn't a priority when compared to game play bugs, but I have a difference of opinion here...
They are both a priority IMO. :p

I also think some of the Vita graphics found their way into the PS3 version. There are really low resolution images on a few tables. They are scattered around so you don't notice them right away, but when you do, they stick out like a sore thumb.

Sporadik

Nov 12, 2012
I agree the graphics on the Vita suck and IMO should be a lot for this mighty little handheld. Anyone notice Table pack 6 backgrounds at the table select screen are half the resolution (if that) of the other tables backgrounds. The lack of quality has always bugged me on the Vita version, its like they didn't try hard at all on this version

night

May 18, 2012
At least it has a wooden floor backdrop and not that horrific blue planet carpet as we have on the iPad.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Well I finally purchased the DLC pack with Taxi/HD and both of those tables look pitiful compared to the launch tables. There are several major issues with Taxi that stand out no more than 5 seconds into the game, which I have addressed by editing my post above. All of these graphical issues in addition to the numerous bugs is a real let down for what started out as an excellent product. To top it all off, none of these problems have even been recognized by the developers on these forums and have persisted for several months where there were numerous patches and updates. Are these problems even being looked after?

night

May 18, 2012
TPA games are becoming a real great investment..
Production, production, production. And on a rainy sunday a minor bug fix. I am glad I never put any money in their Kickstarters project, more than half of my tables are unplayable for months thanks to stutter problems, and no word from FarSight.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I just launched a game on Black Hole and noticed that the corkscrew ramp leading to the lower PF is there now. I have removed the image and will update it when I have a chance. Thanks FS for dealing with that, at least this is a good sign that these problems will eventually get fixed.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.