Milwaukee Jackpot Help

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I decided to start this thread since I sense that I will be activating Milwaukee Multiball soon and I don't want to screw it up. The instructions say that the ball saver is activated for the duration of Milwaukee Multiball, but they also say it ends when "you lose three of the four balls or time runs out." I am a little confused by this. How do you lose three balls if the ball saver is activated for the duration of this mode? I am trying to figure out if the correct strategy would be to concentrate hitting the bike and letting the other balls drain since they will be saved anyway or if losing too many balls at once will end the mode. Any help or tips for this mode will be most appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: OKay, I just got the Milwukee Jackpot Wizard Goal. Apparently, once it is activated, you only have to hit the bike once to get a jackpot and complete the wizard goal. I guess 24 would be a super jackpot. But if anyone still has any tips or tricks for this, please add to the discussion.

Last edited:

Fritti

Jul 27, 2012
Hmm. I'm confused myself.

I got this goal just now, but what happened was that I reached Milwaukee during a Harley multiball. This had the effect of netting me a normal Harley jackpot when hitting the bike as well as 2 states. However the game detected the Milwaukee goal right at the moment when I scored a _Harley_ super jackpot.

I'm not entirely sure that that was the first hit on the bike that I made when reaching Milwaukee. I really don't think so, but I can't prove it anymore.

Anyway, trying to get a Harley multiball when close to Milwaukee is also desirably because when time runs out, the game stops the flippers to let all balls drain, then restarts with one ball -- but the ROM still has Harley mulitball active! So you can actually make shots to the bike for Harley jackpots with just one ball. I don't think this was a TPA bug, because when my single ball drained the bonus animation came up instantly, not like other bugs where TPA needs some time to register the "missing" ball locations.

Not sure whether to report any of this as a bug or not -- I'm done with this table as the gameplay is boring to me. I just wanted to write that it is probably smart to start Harley multiball when you're a few miles near Milwaukee.

twotontim

Sep 8, 2012
How are you guys getting to Milwaukee? I just played an hour and a half game with ridiculous luck, posted the #13 Leaderboard score 961,???,??? and barely got to Milwaukee as the next city.

My strategy is keep activating the multiballs, since (I find) going for RIDE/LIVE to be too outlaney. Am I wrong?

What's the trick here? Been trying all day. I can't fathom having a better game than the one I just pulled off.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Before you launch the ball, you can choose a reward by pressing the flippers. One of the rewards is "next city." Select this every time and you will automatically go to the next city when you hit the ball in the Mystery Rider hole. Try to avoid it if you are getting close to a city and hit it in when you have a long way to go. That and keep activating multiballs and you should get it eventually with a little luck.

twotontim

Sep 8, 2012
Okay, finally got it. For anyone else still trying, this is how I did it. Personally, the just-keep-multiballing strategy wasn't effective at anything but score without insane luck, so :

Exactly like Gorgar said, select Next City every plunge. You get 3 EBs, so all told doing this will get you 6 cities for free.

First ball, I activate every multiball once while explicitly avoiding triggering the Next City. The first half dozen cities are all relatively short distances compared to the latter, so it's good to save it. On a good ball I'd end up at city 5 or 6 by the time all three multiballs ended. Less than that I'd restart.

After that I don't use multiballs to travel anymore, and rely solely on LIVE/RIDE to light Next City. Note that starting multiball clears your LIVE/RIDE progress, so that initial step served two purposes : get the short cities out of the way, and get the easy-to-accidentally-trigger multiballs out of the way since subsequent invocations require more hits.

That's basically it. After each collection of Next City I'd do a cursory glance around to see if any multiball was "about to" incidentally activate (and trigger it if it was so as to not lose progress on the next LIVE/RIDE). But other than that, it's a very straight-forward table.

The return out of the Mystery Rider scoop, holding both flippers up was a decent way to maybe get some of the lower letters of LIVE/RIDE, but there is certainly a rare outlane bounce in that random mix. So it's risk/reward.

Good Luck to all!

Edit : Also, learn to love the center post thing. I strongly dislike how easy it is to tilt this table. Combine that with how many near-outlanes need a nudge to save, and it's just never worth nudging to save a STDM.

Last edited:

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Finally got this one. I echo what others said above, with a few additions.

You're going to need every possible extra ball. I would learn to hit every pedestrian on video mode to net an extra ball. I would also practice precise shots to the stoplights from a trap on the flippers. This will allow you to get the easy extra balls that go along with patch awards.

I actually never found any success using the center post. I find that I can still drain with the post up as I try to keep more balls in the air. Instead, I nudge. I've tilted every once in a while, but I find that nudging to prevent a drain normally doesn't lead to tilt problems.

frogemoth

Nov 28, 2012
Finally reached that elusive goal. This was a really hard challenge, even more with the multiball issues that keep forcing me to quit the game. Manage to break the billion mark while doing this wizard goal. Now that I have gotten all wizard goals I don't think I will play this one until they fix the multiball issues, this is quite frustrating to have a nice score and be forced to quit the game :(

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Finally reached that elusive goal. This was a really hard challenge, even more with the multiball issues that keep forcing me to quit the game. Manage to break the billion mark while doing this wizard goal. Now that I have gotten all wizard goals I don't think I will play this one until they fix the multiball issues, this is quite frustrating to have a nice score and be forced to quit the game :(

What happens during multiball? I have never had any problem occur during multiball on the PS3 version and I played many 700 million+ games. Or is this a new problem that occurred after the last title update a few weeks ago? I have only played a few games since then.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I got this goal just now, but what happened was that I reached Milwaukee during a Harley multiball. This had the effect of netting me a normal Harley jackpot when hitting the bike as well as 2 states. However the game detected the Milwaukee goal right at the moment when I scored a _Harley_ super jackpot.

Old thread, but I had a very similar experience. I reached Milwaukee during a Red Light multiball. The first hit to the bike awarded the wizard goal. I'm guessing the wizard goal is really just reaching Milwaukee, it's not meant to require winning the mode for the final Milwaukee Jackpot.

Then after Milwaukee ended (unsuccessfully), Red Light continued with a single ball. Which I abused to hell and back. Racked up five Super Jackpots in all, ratcheting the base jackpot up to 7M, final result an insane Red Light total of 447M!

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Old thread, but I had a very similar experience. I reached Milwaukee during a Red Light multiball. The first hit to the bike awarded the wizard goal. I'm guessing the wizard goal is really just reaching Milwaukee, it's not meant to require winning the mode for the final Milwaukee Jackpot.

Then after Milwaukee ended (unsuccessfully), Red Light continued with a single ball. Which I abused to hell and back. Racked up five Super Jackpots in all, ratcheting the base jackpot up to 7M, final result an insane Red Light total of 447M!

As I mentioned at the edit of my initial post, the goal is to get a Milwaukee Jackpot, not a Milwaukee Super Jackpot. A Milwaukee Jackpot occurs every time you hit the bike once you make it to Milwaukee. A Milwaukee Super Jackpot requires you to hit the bike 24 times within the time allotted once you make it to Milwaukee. The wizard goal ticks off when you hit the bike once, as it is supposed to.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.