Android - Bug Android VER 1.0.5 Bugs

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
After further review, I have concluded that the weird intermittent sound when the magnets on the tables are activated (it's not just on Ripley's, but on all tables with magnets that hold the ball in place), the intermittent sound you hear is actually the ball drop sound playing rapidly over and over again as if the ball is bouncing in place. FarSight please look into this because if this happens on the console versions as well, it's going to be more noticeable as the table sounds are more amplified on consoles than they are on mobile devices.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Thank you all for your feedback! We are currently attempting to address the downloading issue, it seems some regional problems are popping up with our cloud file server. I am also looking into the flicker issue, not sure how that sneaked in. In addition to this I am also beginning the process of implementing the Kindle fire in app sdk. No word yet on a timeline, but I am trying to fix these major bugs first before we address anything minor. Thanks again all your feedback really helps me a lot!

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Ok, so those of you that issue downloading can you please try again? We had our cloud service people purge the files, something was stuck. No update required for the app.

Lazymantech

Apr 7, 2012
Ok, so those of you that issue downloading can you please try again? We had our cloud service people purge the files, something was stuck. No update required for the app.

Ryan... yes the download at least on my end is fixed. To add black hole also now has all lights and indicators. Noticing some slowdown during gameplay otherwise playing wonderfully as always. Cheers

dyleck

Feb 28, 2012
I have just upgraded to latest MIUI build which is ICS 4.0.4 based and the initial slowdown (which you had to cycle the DMD off and on to circumevent) does not occur anymore. Right now the game runs smoothly each time I start it without any tricks.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
I have just upgraded to latest MIUI build which is ICS 4.0.4 based and the initial slowdown (which you had to cycle the DMD off and on to circumevent) does not occur anymore. Right now the game runs smoothly each time I start it without any tricks.

sounds like I need to update ICS on my SGSII as well =)

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Yeah... :) I encourage you to try MIUI as it is awesome - fast, lightweigth, with lots of additional features and very actively developed. You will not regret this.

this is flashed via ODIN, right? does anything need to backed up first or does all data on the phone remain untouched?

KamikazeJim

Apr 22, 2012
On Black Hole, the left rollover target of the trio on the top does not trigger when the ball rolls over it. I took some footage of the game, and the problem occurs here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AYNoy6c9E8&t=01m09s You'll see that @ 1:14, the ball rolls over the left rollover from below but no sound is played and my score does not increase. Everything else on the table appears to function as expected.

I'm playing on a Droid RAZR MAXX with 2.3.6, for reference.

(Playing on a phone while recording on an iPod Touch is hard. :p )

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Ok thanks Kami, on the next update you should be forced to re-download blackhole to fix this. In addition if you don't mind losing your data you can clear your data manually to force the re-download. In the future patches will allow the user to replace old table files with the new fixed ones seamlessly

Captain Cool

Apr 25, 2012
On my Galaxy Tab 8.9, in one portrait mode everything works fine, but if I turn the tablet around everything flips upside down temporarily when I select a table, and flips upside down and sticks when I start a table. I have to lock and unlock to get it to turn right side up again.

I know the workaround would just be to hold it the other way, but sometimes it's more convenient to have the charge cable on one side or the other.

On Black Hole, when I lock and unlock while playing (including in the above case), all of the non-blinking lights go out. They'll light up again when their state changes or when I lose a ball, but until then I don't know which capture targets or rollovers I still need to hit.

edit for another: The camera and nudge settings aren't preserved from one session to the next.

The second countdown (when unpausing or calling attendant) takes two seconds per count instead of one.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ryan, just letting you know that Ripley's has some serious lag since I updated to 1.0.5. All other tables run smooth. I'm on the HTC EVO 3D.

By the way, Ripley's ran smooth on all previous versions. This is the first time I've ever had lag with any table.

N

Nik Barbour

Black hole went a bit weird the other day, all the table lights and switches turned to black squares, so having read Ryan's thread above decided to delete all table data and re-download.
Black hole is now fine but BOP is unplayable. When giving the bride sight, the ball won't stick to the eye socket magnet but instead goes straight to the chin, then won't go to plunger view so can't use next ball.
Called the attendant, but just get a wierd clicking noise.

Edit:- Just found there is a thread for this exact problem in the table specific area. Should have looked before posting - sorry guys!

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The Pinball Arcade: "The next Android update has major performance improvements."

That's good to hear :)

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Is there a fix for the Facebook integration? Still can't post my scores to Facebook. I'm not, and nor should I, deleting my Facebook app just to do this. I'm logged in through the app, and I know I have logged in via my mobile browser. This should be working already, and while I understand the work that goes into developing and fixing a game across mobile platforms, I'm a bit alarmed and disappointed that this isn't getting a whole lot of attention here.

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
First thank you FARSIGHT for all the hard work you have put in to TPA it's great to have the chance to play some of my favorite pinball tables again.

A couple of concerns with the Facebook posting.
BoP, Even though I have got in to the Billionaire club several times, when you restart the table and the DMD shows the billionaire club members I'm not there.
The Real big one is still the ball going back to the plunger and the game not seeing it ! . Calling attendant often just puts another ball in the plunger lane and still doesn't see the now (two ?) balls there. This is a real annoying bug esp when your on a score of a Billion+ and you have to quit the game.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
I just installed tpa on my daughter's Samsung galaxy note. Unfortunately it's a flipper lag fest Ryan. I'll check and see if it's latest firmware, but I'm pretty sure it is.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yeah check the firmware (though I have noticed that some firmware updates make the device slower, but thankfully most of these get fixed pretty quick). With the next update you may see an improvement in the flipper lag due to some performance improvements. Is it on all tables?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.