Black Hole faster?

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Did Black Hole just get significantly faster in the most recent revision (Android 1.8.0, etc.)? I haven't played it in a while so may be imagining things, but it seems as if the pop bumpers got super-turbocharged.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
i was thinking the dame myself but thought i was out of pratice certain shots hve drasticlly changed

i do like it but ill needa relaren a few patterns

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
There's quite a few tweaks/fixes to black hole. Drop targets are more responsive now and you can no longer flip a lost ball back into play with the back of the left flipper on the lower playfield.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
There's quite a few tweaks/fixes to black hole. Drop targets are more responsive now and you can no longer flip a lost ball back into play with the back of the left flipper on the lower playfield.

So happy to hear that. That one really annoyed me and I didn't have the self control to stop myself from trying to save it after it went past.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
This table definitely got a fun transplant in the most recent revision (the one with Twilight Zone). People who had been ignoring it should probably give it another try.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
This table definitely got a fun transplant in the most recent revision (the one with Twilight Zone). People who had been ignoring it should probably give it another try.

Yep, that's what I did. After playing it two or three times in its release state, and a score of 400k, I simply ignored it. While playing tournament, I had to play it (new version) and after the 2nd game it turned out to be fun actually :)

After the tournament ended I played the regular version and achieved some 7mio - resulting in my first 1000 HoF score.

BH deserves a second chance :)

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Completed all the wizard goals and broke a million a couple of times. Maybe it just got easier!

I have no real-life experience with Black Hole, so can't say how accurate this is. I remember someone complaining that in real life, the lower playfield has a wider flipper gap with a post in the middle. But photos on IPDB show no sign of the post, so this may just be wrong.

I finally got the 3-ball multiball going for a significant length of time. It seems not to be regarded as a high scoring opportunity, but it's undeniably cool, with balls in play on the upper and lower playfields at the same time.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I've always liked Black Hole but it's been tweaked a lot. There are still a few issues with it but it's in a lot better shape than it was before.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012

Holy crap, we agree on something!

I love black hole and I think it got some more small tweaks of late as well because I've had to relearn it again.

The only thing that bothers me is that if the ball gets under the lower right flipper, instead of the flipper holding it stuck, the ball just pops through it and rolls down. This happens as well on the upper right flipper.

On one of the other tables with an upper right flipper i have seen the ball get stuck under so I know it's possible.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012

I love black hole and I think it got some more small tweaks of late as well because I've had to relearn it again.

The only thing that bothers me is that if the ball gets under the lower right flipper, instead of the flipper holding it stuck, the ball just pops through it and rolls down. This happens as well on the upper right flipper.

On one of the other tables with an upper right flipper i have seen the ball get stuck under so I know it's possible.

Not totally sure but Twilight Zone was the first one I saw them actually get stuck under. Would be nice to have them go back and fix those. They could even fix that on PS3

night

May 18, 2012

Don't get me started, BH still plays like an old lady on my iPad2, a souvenir of the iOS6 update and the lack of interest from FarSight to fix the issue. The ball movement goes like t-t-h-h-i-i-i-s. A shame for such a great table.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
The main field is even on an iPad Air seems slow (iOS7). It seems frame rate is somehow quite low so it's near stuttering. Fortunately iPad Air is very powerful and it's not too slow or stuttering I don't mind playing in the current condition but I suspect there must be something which is eating frame rate like crazy on the main field compare to the other tables and the situation has gotten worse since iOS7.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online