Bug Ball not loading into gumball machine

Nov 13, 2012
This has happened a few times. Basically when you shoot a ball into the gumball machine, it sometimes doesn't enter the machine but stays in the wire ramp just above the machine. The first ball doesn't hinder game play and the gumball machine spits out a ball. However, the next time you load the machine, you get two balls stacked in the wire ramp and the camera locks on the gumball machine closeup view making it impossible to continue play. The gumball machine still spits out a ball, but you can't see the flippers so this is basically a game ending bug.

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
Still a bug, though if you turn off the "event camera" (added since this was reported) the camera won't lock on the gumball machine, but at least stays on the table. However, it remains locked to the table as the simulator evidently thinks the ball is still live. This puts the plunger out-of-view, which is annoying if you're trying for a skill shot or trying the super-skill mode.

I've had this clear up on its own by feeding two balls up into the gumball loader. A tilt-worthy slam will dislodge the stuck ball, but piling up other balls behind it seems to dislodge them at last.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
In most cases, the table itself can clear the stuck ball on its own, but you may need to wait up to 2 minutes for it to succeed in doing so.

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
It does, but the camera never "lets go" of the focus on the gumball machine. I waited for TZ to dispense another ball after loading the gumball, but from that point through the end of the game, the view camera never moved.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
This is utterly ridiculous, this still isn't fixed, it ruined a game I was having last night because I chose to call attendant, then ended up with two balls in play and a stuck plunger camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.