PS3 - Request "Cross-Controller" will this be supported?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Is there any chance Farsight will
be taking advantage if the new Cross-Controller feature of the PS3/Vita functionality that's being added next week?

With Farsight already supporting Cross-buy between the two platforms, this seems like an obvious step.

For those who don't know what it is... Think Wii U, dual screens (independent from each other), gyro sensors, cameras, and more.

So for example you could be playing the PS3 version of Pinball Arcade with the Vita controller and see the full DMD on the Vita.

Then maybe you could easily nudge the table by shaking the Vita in any direction.

Another option could have the possibility of using the front facing camera to play an online tournament with your friends.

I'm sure there are many more ideas they could come up with.

Here's a video of Sony demo-ing LBP2's Cross-Controller features.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
As an individual with large hands, I would love to see this happen. The PS3 controller design is so bad that it makes my hands and wrists ache after very short sessions (~20 minutes) which is not acceptable in TPA considering how long you can play on some tables. So far I have had no problems with the Vita relating to this issue. If they could display stuff like global/local highscore lists or the different goals on the Vita screen, then I would surely use this every time I play.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Since they said they'll be doing this for the wii u, you'd think they'd add this functionality for the ps3. I can see this being very useful in many games on the ps3. Madden playing head to head in person they could put the play calling screen on the vita, racing games could have a rear view. I could actually see a reason to get a vita with these kinds of options.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Since they said they'll be doing this for the wii u, you'd think they'd add this functionality for the ps3. I can see this being very useful in many games on the ps3. Madden playing head to head in person they could put the play calling screen on the vita, racing games could have a rear view. I could actually see a reason to get a vita with these kinds of options.

It disappoints me to see the Vita have such low sales. Aside from the overpriced proprietary memory cards, the system is fantastic and has so much potential when linked with the PS3. If Sony bundled it with the system, they could make the Wii U completely irrelevant.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
It disappoints me to see the Vita have such low sales. Aside from the overpriced proprietary memory cards, the system is fantastic and has so much potential when linked with the PS3. If Sony bundled it with the system, they could make the Wii U completely irrelevant.

I'm just not much of a mobile gamer. But if there are reasons to use it in conjunction with my ps3 then they might get me.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
I'm a new Vita owner, and I'd love to see more and more cross-controller... but for TPA, I just don't see why. What would be an example of taking advantage of this, for pinball? I don't see it.

DMD on VITA? Cool, but not earth shattering.

Shake to nudge? Well, don't forget the DS3 controller could already do this.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
As someone on the Youtube page already suggested , Farsight should look into using the feature of using the PS Vita as a controller and making it similiar to the WIi U feature of using the Ps Vita's OLED screen for a Dot Matrix display of all DMD based pinball tables .

If you wanted to make this a option , Im sure it would draw more users to the game with such a unique feature , and if any FS reps can tell us if it's even possible ? Or is this idea too costly to implement ?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I asked about this, doing the same for the 360 with their 'smart glass' app. The answer was, it is possible. It's just not a priority at all. Who knows, once the Wii U gets TPA, if there is enough love for that implementation of the DMD screen, maybe that will get the ball rolling.

I do think Sony really needs to start pairing the Vita up with the PS3 more. As much as I'd like to get a Vita, it just doesn't seem needed yet. My PSP doesn't get much play (nor does my DS XL for that matter), but I probably would have made the jump if they'd done that UMD transfer service they decided to scrap. If they start using the Vita to add extra function to games, then I'm intrigued again.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
I do think Sony really needs to start pairing the Vita up with the PS3 more. , but I probably would have made the jump if they'd done that UMD transfer service they decided to scrap. If they start using the Vita to add extra function to games, then I'm intrigued again.

SYT: Sony did the UMD transfer service , just not in North America or Europe , like many great ideas , their hospitality is xenophobic .

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
I definitely agree that it would be nice to have the option of the LED display duplicated or exclusively on the Vita screen, with potentially other things too like the hiscore tables, goals, etc.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
To blow Nintendo out of the water Sony needs to both make a the console(PS3)/handheld(Vita) combo do tricks comparable to what the WiiU has in store, but also sell both combined into an attractive bundle.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.