Hocus Pocus magnets not always working

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Wait for your DLC. It should have core table updates.

This is not an issue for me anymore.

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
I've been playing the table quite a lot these last 2 days, and it certainly misses the ball quite often. I started wondering why they even bothered with it, and just thought that's how the real thing was, but it seems that might not be the case.

Eric Qel-Droma

Jul 3, 2012
I realize this would probably over-complicate things, but how cool would it be to have a table-condition simulator with different sliders? Weak bumpers, randomly shorted-out flippers, iffy magnets, scratches on the table surface, bent railings, etc. Then we could all recreate our "favorite" tables, warts and all.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I realize this would probably over-complicate things, but how cool would it be to have a table-condition simulator with different sliders? Weak bumpers, randomly shorted-out flippers, iffy magnets, scratches on the table surface, bent railings, etc. Then we could all recreate our "favorite" tables, warts and all.

That would not be cool at all. There are some things in real pinball we do not want duplicated, and that is one of them.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I liked how you could change the table conditions (as well as slope and flipper strength) in the Pro Pinball games.

TwinsensBrain

Jan 2, 2013
I am also experiencing this problem at latest version on iOS (iPad 4), both sides seem to be equally unreliable, I'd say they catch the ball about 30% of the time, this is getting fixed at some point is it?

Edit: After some more extensive gameplay I'll have to drop my assessed catch percentage to 5-15%

Last edited:

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
Come to think of it, I want to say it's supposed to be a reference to when the ball is moving too fast for the magnet to engage and grab the ball. On the real table, this tends to happen for me. Every time when the ball teeters between the two lanes and favors the outlane, the magnet always grabs it and drops it back into play.

mrgamesmaster

May 29, 2013
I do notice on the iOS version that the magnets'll miss from time to time if the ball's going too fast. The sound can definitely be heard, so you do know it's trying to save it.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
After having played a real TOM and witnessed the unreliability of the eddy sensors, I'd actually say this is pretty accurate :p

Members online

Members online