An Afternoon At FarSight Studios

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Does this mean the rubber bumper from TZ will be removed:
"There will be a future update that removes it from the game across all platforms."
:)

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Excellent report, it makes waiting for new versions easier. :)

Also thanks for asking about the PS3 version, or the "mono to stereo conversion". It's really too bad that Farsight has opened another front with their new menu but all the nay-sayers can be send to this article and asked for patience.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Thank you for the good article. Very interesting and informative. So making changes and even bug fixs isn't a smple process. I don't know how beta test has been done but I guess they should put more forcus on the test so more issues will be sorted out before the first release.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
There is a picture of a distinctive red cabinet with the extra high/wide siderails in the first picture and in a later picture in the same room you can see the right side of the same cabinet. It is familiar but I just can't place it, any ideas ? :)

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
There is a picture of a distinctive red cabinet with the extra high/wide siderails in the first picture and in a later picture in the same room you can see the right side of the same cabinet. It is familiar but I just can't place it, any ideas ? :)

That is one of the few that I actually figured out. Victory.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Thanks man for covering all this! FS is getting so much undeserved hate lately. These guys are obviously doing what they can to provide new great tables, and staying above water while doing so! I can't imagine a better company for the job.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Pretty sure one of the blurred is Whirlwind.

Hmm, not really a reason to blur PinBot and Whirlwind, since we know they had them for PHOF, and I believe it's pretty official that both are coming to TPA.
I just replayed Whirlwind on PHOF lately, and got a way better score than I used to have, simply from all the training I've gotten on TPA. It's incredible how much better the ball physics are in TPA, I didn't really notice that until returning to Hall of Fame. So now I'm really curious about playing a proper updated version of Whirlwind.

SNKAllen

Jul 7, 2012
Nice read thanks for posting. The opaque ramps and other things on the Vita is dissapointing though. Ex: BoP

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Nice job and thanks for doing it.

As far as the blurred machines go, any guesses on the one in the foregound with the picture of Rob Mann? It's the one with yellow lettering on the apron.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Hmm, farsight tends to sneakily release information on one or two new tables at a time.

There's about five or six tables that are blurred and most of them have been confirmed.

So that leaves one or two (maybe three) tables that haven't been announced.

Deliberate leak anyone? It's at least five times more fun than a Christmas crossword ^_^

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Wow I didn't think there would be so many post on Christmas. :D Well first and foremost I would like to say thank you, Shutyertrap, for that very informative article you've written. I noticed the "blur" right away like everyone else. LOL I won't try to speculate though. I'll just wait for the announcement. Haha Again, thank you again.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
For some reason, every time I look at the conference room photo I want to add thought bubbles showing the pinball machines plotting: "Tonight we take over the FarSight Studios offices, tomorrow, the world!"

Thanks for doing this, Chris.

Deliberate leak anyone? It's at least five times more fun than a Christmas crossword ^_^
Sorry, Rudy, my lips are still sealed.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Excellent job! Thanks again both to you and to everyone at Farsight for taking the time to do this...and have a very Merry Christmas!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.