Bug Game reverts to launch view during Final Frontier

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
While doedje makes some fair points, I don't think it applies in this case.
If a bug is only relevant under certain conditions, or not critical for the use of the product, then other issues will unfortunately take priority.
But at this point we are talking about a bug that pretty much results in the product being fundamentally broken, at least on PS3. I can't think of a lot of issues in TPA that would deserve higher priority, apart from the development of new tables (which is an ongoing process). This is the kind of bug that would see the product pulled on a lot of more demanding marketplaces.

Comparing it to my own line of software development, this would be the equivalent of not being able to format the text in our CMS when using a Mac (a more realistic example would be a specific browser, but browsers are free to switch out, computers are not). Sure, our product is usable without this feature, but it's still a very fundamental feature, and more importantly, it's a part of the product that our customer has paid for. A bug like this wouldn't even be moved up to the next release sprint, it would most likely be attended immediately as a hotfix to be deployed on any customers who are experiencing the issue!
I'm sorry, but I also work in software development, and this kind of service is highly unprofessional.

Please don't take this as a fit of rage or contempt towards FarSight. I totally respect their work, and love their games when they do work (and for this issue i at least found a workaround that sort of works 90% of the time), but don't try to tell me that this kind of lazy handling of major bugs is fair to anyone. :p

Last edited:

doedje

Sep 4, 2013
The workaround is setting "multiball camera" back to "ON" in the game options. Last I knew that prevents the problem (and most other stuck camera problems) from happening on all platforms.

Thanx man! This is exactly what does the trick! The next time I play FF is going to be awesome! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.