Bug Game reverts to launch view during Final Frontier

pin pin

Jun 5, 2012
Device/OS: iphone 4s / iOS 5.0.1

Bug Description: Camera switches from game view (angle 1 locked and scrolling, angle 2 locked confirmed so far) to launch view (any) at start of Final Frontier and returns to game view after 5 of 6 balls drain. Landscape orientation.

Steps to reproduce: Select said game view camera, begin Final Frontier

Frequency: regularly, but not always.

Additional notes: Occasionally results in game ending bug.

Last edited:

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
Happens me every time on iOS 6 on an iPad 3 in portrait mode. Doesn't matter if you start Final Frontier via the usual Start Mission hole, or by choosing Start Mission at launch. You can still operate both flippers, but you can only see the lower third of the table.

iguanarama

Dec 20, 2012
I have the same thing (iOS 6 landscape). I think it's because the launchers are filled, and when they auto-fire (because you ignored the trigger because there are 10,000 balls flying around), the camera returns to the normal view.

pin pin

Jun 5, 2012
I suspected the launchers as well, but this also occurred during Ferengi multiball when I had 4 or 5 balls in play.

iguanarama

Dec 20, 2012
I suspected the launchers as well, but this also occurred during Ferengi multiball when I had 4 or 5 balls in play.

Ah, I dunno then. I haven't had it happen during Ferengi multiball, but I have it consistently for a few seconds at the start of every Final Frontier.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Ah, I dunno then. I haven't had it happen during Ferengi multiball, but I have it consistently for a few seconds at the start of every Final Frontier.

Never during Ferengi for me as well, but for me Final Frontier isn't for a couple seconds, it is for the entire duration of FF until there is one ball left then it goes back to me camera angle.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Happened during Ferengi for me as well. It's likely an issue of the number of balls on the screen - after you hit a certain number of balls on the field, the view goes screwy.

Willi Cicci

Dec 25, 2012
It's happened to me during the Ferengi multi-ball as well.

I don't really think it has to do with how many balls are on the screen as I have had the Final Frontier mission work properly a couple of times, but unfortunately, the bug happens more often than not. I have noticed that sometimes I can get out of it by rapidly changing the camera angles.

On a related note (working around certain bugs), anyone having intermittent trouble with the ball launchers functioning when they're supposed to, here's a little tip that may help you out until they fix that. Right before you enter a sequence where you need to use the ball launchers, pause and resume the game. I haven't had any problems with them at all since I started doing this. This will also cure the problem of sometimes getting the wrong selection in Holodeck mode, as well as having the cursor in Poker with Riker sometimes continuously selecting and un-selecting your cards.

I suspect whatever is causing this behavior is also responsible for the pre-plunge selection troubles and Command Decision auto-starting on occasion.

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
Frustratingly, this is still an issue in 1.2.4, despite a new version of the table being downloaded. I'd tell you the new table version number from the Manage Tables menu, but unfortunately it is unreadable.

K

Korven

It's been the same on andriod from day one. However playing with "locked" camera with multiball camera off makes it even worse.

K

Korven

Korven, you're still seeing this bug on Android? This too was one of my biggest pet peeves about TNG for the longest time, but it was fixed quite a while ago. Since about 1.10.0, I believe.

Had a game yesterday just for fun with ball control, camera locked and multiball camera off, first got locked at plungerview and FF was unplayable with these settings. Had to change settings to play around during the second FF, then I got the usual few seconds of akwardness at the begining of FF.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.