New video from FarSight

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Hmm, not that I have or will get one. But not all Wii U's come with that controller. What if they just have the basic controller, no DMD?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Hmm, not that I have or will get one. But not all Wii U's come with that controller. What if they just have the basic controller, no DMD?

All WiiU's do come with that controller. It's not the WiiU without it. What they don't all come with is the Wiimote.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Not sure how I feel I out the DMD being on the controller. Makes you look away from the screen (no doubt resulting in drains)

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Do you know if it's possible to set the pad by the TV and use a normal controller??

Think it would be easier to glance at and also ... I would rather my crazy button mashing family broke a cheap controller than that expensive thing!

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I'm sure once the adjustment is made it will become pretty natural.

DMD shouldn't have your attention unless there's a break in play really.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
This is kinda fail because part of the fun of watching another person play is that you can actually pay attention to all the DMD animations that you normally can't when playing by yourself.

Plus looking slightly up is a lot easier then looking down at my hands and completely away from the screen.

I'm more interested to see how this version stacks up graphically to the 360 and PS3, and whether or not it has input lag, and how timely we can expect DLC on the system vs. MS and Sony. And hopefully there's an option to have an on screen DMD.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Do you know if it's possible to set the pad by the TV and use a normal controller??

Think it would be easier to glance at and also ... I would rather my crazy button mashing family broke a cheap controller than that expensive thing!

There is a Classic Controller Pro on the unit to the right of the screen, so potentially yes.

The only reason I check the DMD is during a "video mode" moment, so I'm very happy to have it off the screen, but I guess I can see why others would miss it (well, not really).

squidlr

Feb 28, 2012
I was thinking that perhaps having the TV as the DMD might be fun, and playing the game on the controller.

The silver border around the DMD on the WII U lcd is not really necessary either.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012

Disagree. Like Fungi's post says, you gotta look up at the DMD on almost all real tables, what's so different about looking down at the Gamepad? I'm all for it, and I think it looks great... that other info in the facebook update was much less pleasing though...

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
When I had PHOF on the Wii, I really liked the wiimote/nunchuck combo. DMD on the tablet is a nice, if tacked-on (IMO) feature, but I could handle an on-screen scoreboard if it meant using the nunchuck or at least a control pad, for reasons that grashopper already mentioned.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online